Wedding Woes
Options

I am judging my own family.

I don't keep in contact with some of my dad's family. No particular reason, and they don't really make the effort either so it's okay. There was some stuff in the past that sort of pushed my dad's siblings apart but it's water under the bridge and most of that distance stems from that but it's also an issue of location...most of them live in the Midwest and obviously we're here in the Grand Canyon and It's Illegal to Be Brown State.

Anyways....FB. I've gotten back in touch with some of my cousins and dad's siblings. I have one cousin who is 21 and has a 1 yo named Jayden. FYI, Jayden is a boy. I swore that was a girl's name. He's also married and in the military.

I have another cousin who is just farking WEIRD. He's got anime stuff every where and I feel like he's like James Franco in that episode of 30 Rock with the pillow. Google that sh!t if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I feel really good about my life.

Re: I am judging my own family.

• Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Families were made for judging.

If you don't have any weird cousins, it means that you are the weird one.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Our neighbors across the street have a male Jayden, and I'm not loving it as a name, boy or girl.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't Will Smith have a Jayden?
    imageimage
  • Options
    lharri12lharri12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_am-judging-own-family?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:51dbfb1b-e861-4cad-82ad-27c14c8f039fPost:4ca3f40d-1c55-4d6e-abd8-49a9c9b60a90">Re: I am judging my own family.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Families were made for judging. If you don't have any weird cousins, it means that you are the weird one.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

LOL, ditto this!

I have one cousin who never moved out of his mother's house until he was 30.  I don't think he's ever had a girlfriend.

I have a cousin whose kids were home-schooled and whose daughters are not allowed to wear pants or show their ankles.  (But that's a religious thing.)

I have a cousin who is addicted to meth.

There you have it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lharri12lharri12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think one of Britney Spears' sons is named Jayden.  Not that that makes it normal...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards