Washington-Seattle
Options

Random Question - Anyone buying sparklers?

Is anyone getting (or has anyone got) sparklers for their wedding?  I've fallen in love with the idea of having a sparkler send off from the reception - but can't decide what lenght to buy.  If you have bought these (or planning on buying them) - what length did you get?  https://www.sparklersonline.com/shop/20_inch_sparklers.cfm

Re: Random Question - Anyone buying sparklers?

• Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh I love this idea too But sorry I have no advice
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to, but I haven't even begun looking into it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used sparklers for some bridal party photos...my mom had some for holidays so I just used those (regular length). I think if you google though there's different lengths and how long they burn for. Ours were going out relatively quickly (a minute?) so longer is good for photos, but I would just worry about sparks/people hitting each other if they're longer.

P.S. Some venues won't allow them...I didn't ask so they couldn't tell me no. =) If you're getting them for everyone, make sure you have somewhere that they can put them afterward (rather than throwing them on the ground or in the regular trash where it could start a fire).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm buying them!
    I think I am going to get the 20" ones. I think the 10" are too small looking. The 36" ones would be fun, but if you actually think 3 foot sparklers - I think that would be funny looking... IMO.
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ang - that's all i needed to hear (or read).  you're right - 3 foot sparklers might be a bit much!  Thanks!!Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good, I'm glad I could help :)

I can't wait to have sparklers! And like Melissa said - I'm not going to say anything, cause I don't want them to say no! lol

I hope it all turns out ok.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you posted this because I'm going to, but haven't ordered them yet.  I did read somewhere that it's good to have a few people with the 3ft ones so that they can light everyone else's relatively fast...  I did ask my venue, and they said yes, as long as we do it on the driveway!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this website. We really like this idea too. And I was wondering how we would get the sparklers. never knew there was a website.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards