Washington-Seattle

Enlightened 1...Update on Make up artist...

So we had another trial scheduled for this weekend. I emailed her my address and she was supposed to be done with the wedding party by 11am then head over to my fiance's house to meet me. 11am came and went and so did many hours. At 5:15pm and receive a call from her saying that she just got home. Home? As in Tacoma. She were doing makeup in Renton, about 5 mins from the house. She said she tried calling me from a pay phone but it didn't work. She forgot that the girl paid for all day service and ended up being at the wedding all day. She then offered not to do a trial but to just show up on my wedding day and do my makeup and if I didn't like it she wouldn't charge me. Unfortunately I can't risk that on one of the most important and photographed days of my life. So now I'm looking for another make up artist with 12 days until my wedding. :(

I'm not saying she isn't good at her job, I just didn't have the opportunity to experience it.

Re: Enlightened 1...Update on Make up artist...

• edited December 2011

Caila Baley @ Shanti 206- 932-5988
    She's been doing my hair for years! And I'm pretty picky.

• edited December 2011
    HEEELLLL NAH!!!

Thank you so much for following up with me. I'm really sorry that she is not going to work out. She should have been working even harder to impress you after you gave her a second chance/trial and explained to her what you didn't like the first time. There is no way I'm going to book with her. First impressions mean a lot, even if they're not your own!  I would feel like she's not going to come through the day of the wedding. And -  I still haven't even heard from her to reschedule the trial. I don't blame you for not taking that risk on the wedding day! Yeah right!

I'm going to solicit other makeup artists and hopefully we'll both find someone good and reliable ASAP!

Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards