Wedding Woes
Options

Which of you biitches

Sent this to Carrann and then - "PSYCH!" - dashed her BFF hopes?

"This really shouldn't be this difficult.  I pretty much gave up on these Meet up groups a couple months ago.  All of them are for SAHM's or WAHM's or mom's who work part time and are available during the daytime. Some chick from a meet up group emails me asking if I wanted to join their group.  I said sure and had to fill out a questionnaire.  She responds back that I am not a good fit because they meet during the day.  I really wish she would have said they met during the day instead of wasting my time and giving me false hope that this group could work. It is just frustrating :/ "

She apparently is incapable of asking any questions about anyone. All it would've taken on her part was a simple, "Oh, cool. When do you chicks meet?"

Re: Which of you biitches

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She tried to join a Meetup that had an application form? I have not had the best luck with Meetup, but that is above and beyond any of the weirdness I've experienced.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wow, an application? I didn't think play groups were that serious...
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

i like to imagine that this is some shopllifters' meetup.

• Options
    **Stinky!****Stinky!** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or a makeup swap.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't blame them for having an application process - they dodged a bullet here. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meet me at the foodcourt, we'll hit up Gymboree after some Orange Julius.

I got involved with the pug rescue through a meetup group. I avoided the "My husband is my only friend" group like the plague. It may be true, but I don't need to freakin' advertise.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Min, please please please tell me that was the actual name of the group. That is epic.

There are a lot of generic "women and wine" meetups in my area that I think are the same basic concept. There's a pit bull meetup that I might be interested in checking out, but I want to wait until Herb is a little older and better trained. I've learned the hard way that writing groups and scrapbooking groups are always filled with wierdos. My question is this: what kind of hobbies do normal people have?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Duckis, maybe that's where you went wrong with your nanwrimo group: you needed an application process to weed out the carranns and mouthbreathers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dukis - it's real.

Group description:

For married women only....Meet with other local women who are married, with or without children, all races, late 20's to mid 30's, looking for female friendships to enjoy outtings, have fun, share experiences while socializing!

• Options
    Ah, this is what the post on FB was about the other day. I really need to unfriend her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_of-biitches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5b0f319e-28ae-4185-9f19-b34d6eba9520Post:8c080283-181a-4fbb-804d-931d612e4806">Re: Which of you biitches</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, this is what the post on FB was about the other day. I really need to unfriend her.
    Posted by ilovewhoseweddingisitanyway[/QUOTE]

<div>Is it sad I want to friend her so I can see the crazy?</div><div>
    </div><div>Yeah, yeah, I know the answer already.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jojo - Do you really want to learn about tub poops and car seat expiration dates?
  • Options
    ahahhaha Min @ the tub poop. I forgot about that one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    edited December 2011
    Tub poops sound far more amusing then some of the things people update with. But again, the crazy would likely hurt my brain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards