Washington-Seattle

A Venue that's not on the lists...

Hello Everyone,

For those looking for a venue, I want to share mine with you. I didn't come across this venue at ALL until I decided to google EVENT venue instead of wedding, just to see what I got, and this absolute gem popped up. The Great Hall at Greenlake was formerly a church, but has been converted to a basic event space. Crown moulding on the ceiling, HUGE windows, and a 300 person capacity! It is also a mere one block from Greenlake, which is perfect for pictures. 
www.greathallgreenlake.com
The highest rate is 2000.00 for 10 hours on a weekend, which is pretty damn good. This includes tables and chairs.  You even get to use your own caterer! Fabulous.

I hope this helps somebody, I really want to get the word out about this fabulous place!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A Venue that's not on the lists...

• That place is awesome! They were our second choice and I do love the decor. We ended up going with Lake Union Cafe since they are more of an inclusive package deal and have been doing weddings for forever. I think parking was one of the things that would have been hard at Greenlake, but I think you can rent a lot not too far away. Congratulations!
  • That's actually one place that I've had on my list as a possibility.  So I'm guessing you've actually visited and been inside?  I'm always a bit iffy on the #'s that people say can fit in these venues, is 300 realistic for a sit down dinner with room for a stage?  Congratulations on securing a space though!
  • There is actually a stage built in at the North end of the space, with simple stained glass behind it. But if you also want a dance floor you would have to use floor space. the 300 count is definitely for more of a cocktail/appetizer reception, I think the most for a sit down dinner in the ballroom is 150.

I definitely recommend visiting the space, they also have a floowplan with the lengths of the walls on the website so you can get an idea of what to expect before you go. I have been a number of times, and the first time I went I teared up as soon as I walked in, and you know what they say, when you cry, stop shopping!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love! Have been having so much trouble finding something at a reasonable price that we actually like. Love that they have the option of self catering. We have a ton of family allergies that we have to be so careful about! Thanks for the tip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards