Wedding Woes
Options

You guys. YOU GUYS. BIG EXCITING NEWS.

If you're not my fan on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/writingwinters, and why aren't you yet?!), then you won't know I GOT OFFERED A CONTRACT LAST NIGHT. 

With an Australian e-publisher. 25% royalties, pretty standard-looking contract. 

I don't know if I'm going with them - I think I have a little time to dither - but holy crapballs, talk about exciting. I don't even know what to do with myself today. 

Re: You guys. YOU GUYS. BIG EXCITING NEWS.

• Options
    SQUEEEEEE!!!!
  • Options
    HUZZAH!
  • Options
    Why would you NOT go with them? Do you have other offers?
  • Options
    I saw your post this morning and peed a little :D
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Options
    AWESOME!
  • Options
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    AWESOME.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_you-guys-you-guys-big-exciting-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5e945b39-a493-4ba6-92f7-192c1aae93b6Post:52ef0b6e-bbf5-46b0-b92a-06137b38362f">Re: You guys. YOU GUYS. BIG EXCITING NEWS.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why would you NOT go with them? Do you have other offers?
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]
    I have manuscripts out for review, so maybe. But I don't know - it feels almost too easy, all of a sudden? I have to let it sink in. And it's a 3-year commitment - they get the rights for 3 years - so I think it takes a bit of thinking over.<div>
    </div><div>I haven't found anything bad about them on the Google, but they are a very small house and have only been around since 2009. But they have a good web presence, are hooked up with all the major e-tailers, and the contract seems standard. </div><div>
    </div><div>I just - I don't even know, right now. It's so weird. It's like - I've wanted this for 24 years. And now it's happening? Like, what?! </div>
  • Options
    I get that. It makes sense. Three years....that's longer than most marriages last ;)
  • Options
    I was hoping I read that right on FB.  WOOHOOO! 
  • Options
    Squeee! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you want I can refer you to a woman who does publishing contract consulting. She reads over things and tells you if she thinks you are getting a good deal, what you should add, etc.  I don't know how much she charges, but it probably isn't much.  She isn't a high roller. Although I think most of her expertise is in non-fiction.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
  • Options
    Zsa, I'd probably try to find someone local, but thanks. 

I may get in contact with the agent who loved my book but didn't think it could sell. I might get an agent and a publisher out of the deal, who knows? 
  • Options
    OMG, I've "talked" to someone 'bout to be a famous writer!

Congratulations!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I am so incredibly happy for you Bmom. 

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards