Wedding Woes

br -- better now than later

edh and i came home late last night.  as we were getting ready for bed, i noticed something off about the baby's room.

the mobile i made and was hanging from the ceiling fell off and was lying in a pile in the crib.

that will have to be moved.

Re: br -- better now than later

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

i also saw a birthing video that involve foreceps.  that was horrifying.  pants-wettingly so.

1) foreceps look like nine-irons.  i was expecting the salad tongs kind, with the hole in the middle.  no.  these were solid and the camera caught the glint off the metal.  presumably, the coldest metal that ever metalled.

2) the dr just horked them in there and then shoe horned around the baby.  then he just left the one in there and took the other one out, which made me think he was kind of wondering what else he could shove in there.

3) then the dr started using them.  and it looked like he put his back into it, like full-on horking.  i mean, there was prying.

4) i'm guessing there was an epidural because mom was not screaming (i was).

• zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Over the crib is no place for a mobile.  Save that precious storage space for giant stuff animals tied to the wall with ropes, or maybe a riding toy, a la Emily Kate.

Maybe those were nine irons.  Was the doctor wearing plaid shorts and a polo shirt?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :)  Glad you didn't kill your baby yet.

And those forceps videos are brutal.  BFF couple had to use them to get her baby out and they broke the baby's collarbone and arm.  When they said they were holding her for 72 hours, I kinda understood why.  :\
    imageimage
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ::silent scream::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_br-better-now-later?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5fcd9735-6700-42bc-bab7-c099cf12a85dPost:68ba8c6f-c980-4f23-8c9f-cb17263bb3dc">Re: br -- better now than later</a>:
    [QUOTE]::silent scream::
    Posted by loveshine1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This. If this kid looks even the slightest bit huge at the next u/s I will be discussing the c-section. Eff all this pulling the kid out with fireplace tools business.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    ::crosses legs, regrets last night's sex::
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Shoe horn is a very accurate description.  The whole baby birthing business is pretty archaic though.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    they passed around forcepts at birthing class...
    the only non-scary tool they showed us was the crochet hook they use to break water with.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Let me just say that crochet hook is scary when they use it.  It's not at all pleasant.
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds scary. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm adding that to the list of reasons to be vigilent about birth control. (The one I'm making to recite to "birthing thighs" pastor when we visit H's Home town).
  • GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it is--it's just being handed that right after forcepts and I forget what else...it was less scary than those :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards