Washington-Seattle
Options

s/o Cardboxes

I am completely stumped on a card box. I want it vintage inspired but I am out of creative juice. I like a birdcage idea but not love since I have that deer theme. I love the cardbox hat boxes  but they defiantly dont fit my theme. I have tried looking for one the was vintage decorated but had no luck. I really want a vintage mailbox but on ebay they are outrageous and I havent found one at an antique store yet. So does anyone have any ideas? Pictures will help tons. What else are you all doing besides the birdcage and stacked boxes? TIA!

Re: s/o Cardboxes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a lantern.  PIB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa - what kind of vintage mailbox are you thinking? What is it about the vintage mailbox that you like, because if it's the patina, you can easily recreate that!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a rustic basket? I don't think you necessarily need something with a lid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about these abaca boxes from save-on-crafts?
    http://www.save-on-crafts.com/abacaboxes.html

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is like a rustic/beachy box/tray thing, no lid.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing vintage too and were thinking of a top hat turned upside down, but not sure that's particularly rustic. Maybe a straw hat?

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I really like the top hat idea!

I got a cute basket from JoAnn Fabrics.  Very simple with cute fabric on it, maybe check there or Michaels sometimes has cute baskets too...maybe check there if you haven't yet.  HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, I know I haven't been on TK all last week but I saw this on Etsy this past week and you came to mind: http://www.etsy.com/listing/49228960/personalized-carved-wood-wedding-card?ref=sr_list_32&ga_search_query=card+box&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a photo cardbox with a lock. My main concern was it being secure.
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a top hat! so cute. Not so much for my wedding though. I also dont think I need something with a lid. I havent found any baskets I have liked. But I feel if I am buying a basket for the cardbox  I might as well buy something else a bit more cute or theme worthy......But I really like the box tygirl found. I wonder if I could make it???

KST-I would love a patina mailbox. How could I recreate one?

I have three suitcases but I was gonna use them else where. Should I buy another one??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe see if like Michaels or another craft store has a plain pine box and you can add the closure yourself and get some sort of wand that heats up to burn into the wood?  Sorry, not sure HOW or WHAT exactly to use to do it, but that's what I would imagine.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards