Wedding Woes

::6:: re: custody hearing post

In Response to Re: PW: The custody hearing (long):
[QUOTE]this will sound pretty insensitive, but why in the world would your friend want the kid back? (I get the whole, "she's my kid, i love her" - but when is enough, enough?) at least the caseworker admitted his mistake - that is pretty surprising.  i hope this round works out better for your friend and she can get the kid the help that she needs. 
Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

I think I read too much into the story you posted. If this was a one-time incident, then my comment was way over the top. I can see the mom wanting to work with the kid to get her the help that she needs. 

In my mind (the few brain cells that were awake this am) - I was thinking this was a kid who had numerous offenses/on drugs/etc. - essentially was a repeat offender and beyond help. Like I said, I think I imagined way more than what was there - I reread your post and was like WTF was I thinking?

IMHO, there's a point where enough is enough. it would be a very difficult decision to make, but ( being the cold-hearted bitch that i am) I think there are just some people that are beyond help - their mental/drug/alcohol/behavioral/etc. problem is so severe that you need to cut them out of your life - child or not. I would hope that i never have to deal with a similar situation.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards