Wedding Woes

Bunny vibes?

So, my pair has been bonded for a little under a year now, which is a good solid bond for rabbits.  But starting last night, they just started fighting.  And it isn't like you'd expect rabbit fighting to be, where you have to break them up - most of the time they're fine, but once last night and twice today we've heard a scuffle and gone in to investigate, but when we got in the room (every time; we just can't seem to actually catch them in the act) they were acting all nonchalant and lounging together as usual.  We wouldn't know about the fighting if it weren't for the clumps of fur left around.

Which is weird.  All the online and expert advice talks about sex hormones (they're spayed and neutered, respectively), bringing a new bunny into the house, and not knowing each other well enough yet, none of which are applicable here.  And all seem to assume that you'll have to break up the fights and that the rabbits won't get along at that point, yet they seem to be getting along fine except for the secret fighting.  I'm baffled, and I'm a little scared that something might be really wrong.

Re: Bunny vibes?

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I really hope nothing is wrong.  Bunny vibes.

I am having a little chuckle at two little bunnies sitting all innocent looking at you saying "we didn't do anything."

• You know if they were capable of whistling, they'd be doing that, too.
  • I'm dying at nonchalant bunnies.

Can you put a camera on their cage for a day or so?  Or does it not matter if you actually observe them fighting?

I hope nothing is wrong.
  • i hope the bunnies are ok - but that's really funny. it's just like having kids ;-)
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm sorry, I hpe you solve it!
  • ::anti-Watership Down vibes::

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Poor bunnies. Maybe give them a stern talking-to. Threaten to send them on a cross-country flight unattended.
  • Hahaha @ Court.
  • Put one hand on your hip and then wag your pointer finger on the other hand. Always works for me.
  • At first I thought this post was going to be about something else, and I laughed...
    But I will send good bunny vibes your way.  I own two rabbits myself and just this week attempted bonding (they're spayed & neutered too).  So I will have my buns send your buns happy bunny vibes!  
    Do you have a good bunny vet?  It can't hurt to bring them in for a checkup--maybe one has something going on that makes him/her grumpy, like an ear infection or tooth problem.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards