Wedding Woes
Options

Game of Thrones?

Has anyone else read this!?!?

Re: Game of Thrones?

• Options
    the books or is there a link i'm missing?
  • Options
    Books, yes.  Sorry...I didn't clarify...but I just finished the first...and I'm wanting to read the rest, but I have SO MANY BOOKS right now.
  • Options
    yes. i read all of them. very long, but good.
  • Options
    I stopped reading them in the middle of Feast of Crows.  At the time, I had multiple complaints, which seemed to have only gotten worse according to the reviews I read of the last book, so I have no desire to pick them back up at all.

DH is trying to rope me into the series.  TV would take care of some of my complaints (his writing "talent"), but not all.  I just don't want to get involved.  I think it's costing me nerd cred.  ;)  
  • Options
    the TV series follows book 1  pretty closely, but they change some major plot points in season 2.
  • Options
    See, that was my problem with True Love (though totallllly different genre, I know).  They totally farked that series up tv wise. It made me soooo angry.
  • Options
    I am trying to watch the show, but christ almighty, I can't stand the fake british Meh Loooords any more.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Game of Thrones?:[QUOTE]the TV series follows book 1nbsp; pretty closely, but they change some major plot points in season 2. Posted by Barbie[/QUOTE]
    I think that has to do with the second book being the worst of the series, it gets much better in book 3.

GRR Martin has a great creative mind but his level of detail is at most times overkill. If I have to read "the hot greese drips from his chin" one more time I will scream. He serioisly writes that every time someone takes a bite of food.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    DH has read them all (well, he's currently reading the latest one) and I've read about a quarter of the first book.
    We both watch the TV show, which I LOVE!   I am pissed off, however, that there are only 2 episodes left this season. 
  • Options
    I had to mentally assign myself chapters or pages...so that I would get through it in a decent time.  It gets so much better after the 1st half.
  • Options
    I've just started the third book, and I've loved it all thus far. Usually this isn't the kind of thing I get into, but somehow I've become obsessed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards