Wedding Woes
Options

S/o Nails

Has anyone had one of those gel/shellac manicures? They're supposed to last 2-3weeks. 

Re: S/o Nails

• Options
    I don't like the same color for that long, but I've heard GREAT things about them.  There are even at home systems...gellish or something similar.
  • Options
    YES.  They do.  And they are totally worth the money, esp. on my toes.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Cool. I think I am going to get one. 
  • Options
    I had one done for my sister's wedding in November.  I did not like it.   It weakened my nails.  They're finally starting to grow back stronger now.

Now, getting it done on my toes is a different story.  I may be down for trying that.
  • Options
    Mrs Conn - Did you go to the salon to have them removed?  Do they soak them in acetone?  I'm wondering if it is the application or the removal that hurts your nails.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:665dd016-bd1d-4ee8-b59e-cc419cf13b94Post:9cb8fb45-f0a0-4cd7-95d9-9234bad35c87">Re: S/o Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mrs Conn - Did you go to the salon to have them removed?  Do they soak them in acetone?  I'm wondering if it is the application or the removal that hurts your nails.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

I just used acetone. 

WAY back in the day, I had fake nails a few times and would weak and gross after they were removed.  It was similar to that, just not as severe. 

I have naturally strong, nice nails.  I need to just leave them alone as much as possible.  They stay pretty that way.
  • Options
    I had this done for our wedding (late August). I had it taken off four days later because my nails were just in pain and I couldn't pick anything up or get underneath them to clean them (they were really thick) which was a PITA when the power was out, we had no running water and were washing with hand sanitiser.

Took nearly an hour soaking with pure acetone to get that junk off.

FTR, I didn't want them to do that to me. I had french polish that chipped off, and on the day of the wedding I went in with chipped to hell nails and said can you repaint. They refused saying it would weaken my nails. I said I just want my nails to look nice for today. Lady leads me off, speaking korean to her friends, and next thing I know she's sanding my nails down and putting this crap on. Extra $70 frigging dollers for them, a-holes. (After the $5 congratulations on your wedding day discount).

My nails are only just back to normal. I won't be doing that to them again. They've got me scared to go anywhere for a normal manicure now.
  • Options
    Shellac isn't the same as fakes.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:665dd016-bd1d-4ee8-b59e-cc419cf13b94Post:f7bab3f3-413c-4be7-83af-de243c3f54eb">Re: S/o Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shellac isn't the same as fakes.
    Posted by nicoleg1982[/QUOTE]

No it's not, but my nails reacted similiarly upon the removal of the shellac polish.  They were flaky, weak, and kept ripping/peeling a lot.
  • Options
    i was thinking of trying this out. several friends of mine have LOVED it and didnt have any issues with removal (my biggest concern too).

regular nail polish does not stick to my natural nails and i HATE acrylics on me. i think this could be a happy medium
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards