Wedding Woes
Options

I don't have words

A serial rapist has posted on Reddit.  I can't even wrap my brain around it.

The thread is linked in there if you're...I don't know if interested is the right word, but it's there.

I'm sure in a few minutes, I'll be HULK RAGE about this, but right now, I'm just sitting here with eyes bugging out.  My mouth finally closed.

Re: I don't have words

• Options
    But of course, feminism isn't needed any more.  Nope.
  • Options
    I can't believe he's married.  I just can't.

Oh yeah, pissed off is starting to hit.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

I don't particularly want to read the whole thread. Can you summarize? 

Someone commented on something and admitted to being a serial rapist?

• Options
    Reddit has a board that's had threads of sexual assault survivors.

Someone started a thread asking for input from sexual assault perpetrators.  There was actually an interesting discussion of people who feel like they raped their male dates b/c they wanted to have sex, guy showed some doubt, girl kept going, etc.

Basically, a man created a throwaway account to confess to three years of serial raping during college and completely described how he did it.  Answered all posted questions.  It's cold blooded, it's misogynistic, it's disgusting.  Reddit is full of really smart people most of the time, so it leads into some pretty harsh disections of rape culture and condemnations, what women have to do to avoid rape, what men want to do to men who rape, etc.

It's completely apalling and frightening.
  • Options
    no words.  *sits by you*
  • Options
    That was a huge gut punch. I knew a guy like that. I can't say for sure he was necessarily a rapist, but he was definitely manipulative (I was never raped by him, but there were rumors he had done it to other girls). Some one I know saw him a few years back and said he's married, has a kid, and is a much nicer, happier person- supposedly. It's a disgusting, chilling look into someone's brain and proof that someone like that doesn't change. He's maybe not physically raping women but it's still an emotional assault.
  • Options
    He admits in a later thread that he almost did it again before he married his wife and his BF stopped him.  People commended the BF for stopping him.

I was all WTF over that too.  Too many thoughts, just too many.

The only good thing to come out of it is the discussion and the knowledge.
  • Options
    Some people just need to be thrown face-first in the woodchipper.  Or willingly throttle themselves in. 
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    i like the cut of dharma's jib.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards