Wedding Woes
Options

Ross Geller, is that you?

Q. Only in New York: Have you heard of the pop culture "tradition" where couples have a list of a few celebrities they're allowed to hook up with if the opportunity ever presents itself? Such lists are a common trope among my generation, and of course it's generally a total joke as the odds of Zooey Deschanel ever talking to me, let alone bedding me, are non-existent. My girlfriend of 2+ years recently mentioned a B-List celebrity (handsome, single, extremely rich, a face you'd almost certainly recognize) that she'd want to add on hers. She said it in a conversation with friends about such lists, but here's the catch—she works on this celebrity's TV show! It's not an enormous staff and he knows her by name. I took some offense at all this and she said it's just a celebrity crush no different than one of mine. I say this is her co-worker, not some abstract celebrity. Am I off base to be opposed to this guy's presence on her list? I'm happy to remove Zooey from mine.

Re: Ross Geller, is that you?

• Options
    Oh dear God.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ross-geller-is-that-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:687e65e6-dbe6-4c33-8174-d3d5cd1d146cPost:76897215-8195-4f21-ba10-8ce604385268">Ross Geller, is that you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Q. Only in New York : Have you heard of the pop culture "tradition" where couples have a list of a few celebrities they're allowed to hook up with if the opportunity ever presents itself? Such lists are a common trope among my generation, and of course it's generally a total joke as the odds of Zooey Deschanel ever talking to me, let alone bedding me, are non-existent. My girlfriend of 2+ years recently mentioned a <strong>B-List celebrity (handsome, single, extremely rich, a face you'd almost certainly recognize)</strong> that she'd want to add on hers. She said it in a conversation with friends about such lists, but here's the catch—she works on this celebrity's TV show! It's not an enormous staff and he knows her by name. I took some offense at all this and she said it's just a celebrity crush no different than one of mine. I say this is her co-worker, not some abstract celebrity. Am I off base to be opposed to this guy's presence on her list? I'm happy to remove Zooey from mine.
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

Now I want to know who it is.  Regis?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ross-geller-is-that-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:687e65e6-dbe6-4c33-8174-d3d5cd1d146cPost:e11cdff8-6f26-4c44-81b7-0a3c4faffafe">Re: Ross Geller, is that you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ross Geller, is that you? : Now I want to know who it is.  Regis?
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

ded.

Hmmm.  Who has small-ish tv shows?

Ryan Seacrest?
  • Options
    Ded@wanting to sleep with seacrest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards