Options

Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):

124»

Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):

• Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:9f7f9f04-f45e-4266-9e73-bea393c20348">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dancing with a giant cardboard cutout of her dad, Nola.  Come on, get with it.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]
    ^^^
    I didn't see this til after I posted :D bahaha
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:da113461-3b6b-4f0b-afad-fb7bd3ee9e80">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still laughing that your Vietnam War era father loved Afro Man. I guess the psychadelics they were handing out over there didn't miss your Dad?
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]
    Well... lets just say that the only real lecture he ever gave me about drugs was:
    Don't do drugs. Now I did real drugs over in hong kong, so anything you think of buying here won't be worth it anyway.

or something along those lines. He was a tad mental after the war and stuff but he was always a fun-spirited guy anyway.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not hating. My Mom was ... alive and thriving in the 60s. I just think it's funny, like if my Mom was singing Afro Man.

I once got her to listen to Slipknot. That was pretty funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:759b0668-f18b-4275-8bac-856b0b5d3e94">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not hating. My Mom was ... alive and thriving in the 60s. I just think it's funny, like if my Mom was singing Afro Man. I once got her to listen to Slipknot. That was pretty funny.
    My dad used to sing along to my spice girls CD when I was little too :P

My mom hated my music til recently. Now she's in love with Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga... She's 50 and 'bad romance' is her ringtone.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a shame neither of you have taste. Lady Gaga? ::sigh::
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:f83411f7-99f3-4c1a-a318-4bd89068be29">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a shame neither of you have taste. Lady Gaga? ::sigh::
    I listen to almost anything except most country. But the most I could get her to expand was by changing the station to Q92.3 (latest hits) and if I dare try change it to the hard rock station i'd get my hand smacked.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No country at all? I'm always surprised when people completely ban a whole genre from their taste.

I mean, I'm not a big country fan but there are songs I enjoy.

• Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:c138674b-138e-496f-b3fa-5cf1b83925ce">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]No country at all? I'm always surprised when people completely ban a whole genre from their taste. I mean, I'm not a big country fan but there are songs I enjoy.
    There's a few songs I like, that's why I said most country. I didn't really like it at all until my boyfriend turned out to have a little bit of hick in him and changed all my car's radio programming :P
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hick?

Says the Gaga fiend...
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:3d52c371-26cd-4a5d-90e1-d506ce6480c4">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hick? Says the Gaga fiend...
    I'm not really a gaga fiend either. haha. I like more alternative rock meets electro maybe with a bit of screamo kind of stuff xD   I like Hollywood undead until they became annoyingly popular. Same for Owl City. I hate when bands who've been around for years finally get one song released on the radio and suddenly everyone likes them.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:c9802c17-d663-46a7-933d-7d4261e1688b">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ): : I'm not really a gaga fiend either. haha. I like more alternative rock meets electro maybe with a bit of screamo kind of stuff xD   I like Hollywood undead until they became annoyingly popular. Same for Owl City. I hate when bands who've been around for years finally get one song released on the radio and suddenly everyone likes them.
    Posted by AMJWP[/QUOTE]

Why?

My favorite band? Little Feat. Yep.
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:0712b981-87bd-4349-a23d-68acfc0325df">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ): : Why? My favorite band? Little Feat. Yep.

Because before they hit the radio the same people who are now 'fans' dissed me for my taste in music. Not saying all current fans are fakes like that but a lot of them are.

&&Never heard of them.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you can call a fan a fake. If they're a fan, they're a fan, regardless of when they found the music. But maybe because I can't imagine pretending to like a musical group. Why bother? What's the point in it?

Google Little Feat. They have very few songs on Youtube that aren't live, but I think if you go to the website and click on media you can hear some of their music.

They're southern funk, from the 70s. Newer music - I like Paramore, and Jem.
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:0b03d4f8-1fbe-422b-8f82-af0760bfe457">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think you can call a fan a fake. If they're a fan, they're a fan, regardless of when they found the music. But maybe because I can't imagine pretending to like a musical group. Why bother? What's the point in it? Google Little Feat. They have very few songs on Youtube that aren't live, but I think if you go to the website and click on media you can hear some of their music. They're southern funk, from the 70s. Newer music - I like Paramore, and Jem.
    I don't get why people pretend either but they do :/  There's plenty of people who will say they like something then the next day someone's dissing the band and they're like "oh yeah, I hate them"
    It's ridiculous.

Little Feat isn't really my cup o' tea but they ain't bad. I wouldn't mind listening to them but I wouldn't go buy a CD or anything.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're insane. Little Feat is the best band ever.

Okay, even I don't believe that. But still, their music is fantastic. Spanish Moon? HOW CAN YOU BEAT SPANISH MOON?!
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just like to say that 11/11/11 is my day. It has been my day since i signed up for TK. I picked it before I picked the Man. You can't have it. It can only be special to me.

End of replies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, L for getting us back on topic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    11/11/11 is also a Friday. I wouldn't expect a lot of people from out of town to be able to come on that date.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Well, this is the best I found, but you get the point:

(via devincastro)

Will there be PBR at the reception? 
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:4119c585-7aa5-4b5a-8b27-e99f43de3bd8">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just like to say that 11/11/11 is my day. It has been my day since i signed up for TK. I picked it before I picked the Man. You can't have it. It can only be special to me. End of replies.
    Posted by L_Woods[/QUOTE]
    I had it picked before I met my man too... then I changed my mind and now I'm changing it again. Sorry (:
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:7d57e349-9593-409a-ba13-f23188b69fd9">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're insane. Little Feat is the best band ever. Okay, even I don't believe that. But still, their music is fantastic. Spanish Moon? HOW CAN YOU BEAT SPANISH MOON?!

Idk, just not my style I guess.
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:33ae756b-8ad4-4d59-a1d2-16cafa5c0f76">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]11/11/11 is also a Friday. I wouldn't expect a lot of people from out of town to be able to come on that date.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]
    Good thing all my family & guests are just, at the very most, an hour away.
  • Options
    AMJWPAMJWP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_might-push-back-wedding-dateagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:68a505eb-33ee-45d8-ac06-34d8f37426bcPost:e15a371a-fd4e-4ebe-9e70-695450202035">Re: Might have to push back the wedding date...AGAIN ):</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, this is the best I found, but you get the point: Will there be PBR at the reception? 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]
    Don't know what PBR means.
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are welcome, BC. I couldn't handle all the hipster talk up in heeerree up in heeree up in heeerreee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PBR = Penis, Bigger, Rougher
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on national punctuation day :-) I think I just blew all of you out of the water with that one. I was thinking of maybe incorporating custom decorations of semi-colons and exclamation points around the church....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope all the grammar and punctuation on your invitations is correct. How foolish would you look otherwise?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards