Wedding Woes

Grandmother update

I posted on here last week about how my Grandmother was taking a turn for the worse.  She did end up passing over the weekend.  I'm very upset by this, but at the same time, I'm relieved and in a way happy for her.  I'm sure that may sound weird, but as I have gotten older, I have watched my 3 other grandparents before her die and watched the struggles that they went through with either Diabetes, ALS, or Cancer.  It makes me happy in a way to know that her "battle" with Alzheimer's was a short one only lasting mere months from diagnosis to death.  I have my memories of growing up with her, and almost all of them are of a healthy woman. 

I have been throwing around ideas on how to honor FI and my grandparents at our wedding as they have all passed.  One idea that we are going with is that they each shared a love for Roses, we are having an outside ceremony and we are going to have potted rose bushes line the aisle and give them to our parents because they want to plant them in their yards.

One idea that I have also been thinking about would be lighting candles for them.  I'm not really sure how to do this as we are having a short outside ceremony, so we would probably do this at the reception.  Would it be weird to have them on the head table or cake table and light them with our siblings and parents as we walk in?  Or any other ideas anyone may have?

Thanks!
Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards