Wedding Woes
Options

Another question about invitations

I understand what nico is saying.  But what about if you have drama llamas in your family/group of friends who would throw a tantrum if they found out they weren't invited?

Example:  One of DH's sisters lives in Virginia.  Obviously, she and her family will not be attending Son's and DD's birthday parties.  But I know for a fact that if she doesn't get an invite, she would call MIL and be all OMGWHYDOESNTTAWLIKEMEEEE?!.!  Yes, this is a grown woman, but shouldn't be too surprising, given what you already know about DH's family.

I just always send her an invite and bypass the drama completely.

Do you do the same?

Re: Another question about invitations

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Acceptable, if you have a llama in your family.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a sister / close relative I go ahead and send the invite, cussing at it all the while. Why stir up drama? Now, if they demand you move the party to VA to suit their needs you put them in their place. But if a piece of paper means that much, then WTH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with nico; as much as i hate the llamas, sometimes it's better to just let them think they're the ones being gracious by accepting the invite, rather than you and everyone else having to deal with their drama.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_another-question-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:6ed4b404-1870-4fc1-bfd4-e45fa659af71Post:1206ea78-c20b-42b6-abaf-1f07cc1679a9">Re: Another question about invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE] cussing at it all the while.Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I always do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I would error on the side of sending the invite.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the llama didn't fall far from the beast.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I don't do this, but it's because (thankfully) we don't have this particular species of llama in our family.  MIL would be one, but we invited her to DD's party anyway, just because we invited all of the grandparents.  She'll be the only one not attending, and I am 100% okay with that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom is the llama in my family, but not about her, about my sister. She gets really offended when my sister isn't invited to stuff, which gets annoying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards