Washington-Seattle

NWR Halibut recipes?

I was curious if any of you have any yummy Halibut recipes that you could share with me. I have a huge chunk of halibut I'd like to cook up tomorrow for dinner.

Re: NWR Halibut recipes?

• edited December 2011

I like poaching my fish.  I season both sides of the halibut with salt, pepper, and minced garlic, then put it in a casserole baking dish/pan, add mix of chicken broth with the juice of half-1 lemon to ALMOST cover the fish (but not quite), slice some lemon to put up top and bake.  I can't recall the temperature or time I bake it at but if you look up poaching recipes on Allrecipes or something similar, it should work as a good guideline.  Mmm...it's been a while since I've done that recipe.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    This is really yummy! 

http://metropolitan-market.com/recipes/recipeView.php?recID=68

Hopefully it will be clicky.  Their website also has a recipe that I might try that is macadamia nut encrusted halibut.  They have more available in their store printed.  I have a recipt at home (somewhere) for halibut with kumquat sauce that is super tasty.
  • edited December 2011
    YUM! this is making me hungers!

btw - I LOVE KUMQUATS! :) I might have to search that one on google.
  • edited December 2011

I'll see if I can find the kumquat recipe tonight.  It is soooo good!

• edited December 2011
    Ok thanks!
    Jolene - i've never poached my fish, that sounds so delicious!!! Can I use veggie broth instead? Do you think it'd be ok? I do not eat pork, beef or poultry.
  • edited December 2011
    ive been using a couple tablespoons of pesto on my halibut and then just broil it. its intense, but i like it.  Also Panko then pan frying it is DELICIOUS but not the healthiest, use olive oil and its not so bad, and then i juse either a thai sweet and sour sauce or wasabi mayo to dip in. FMIL goes fishing in Alaska every year and brings back salmon and halibut for us, so weve done it a number of ways.
  • edited December 2011
    kahalagurl - FI's dad does too so we have salmon and halibut. I cooked the salmon last week. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think veggie should be just fine.  I also forgot, I added some ginger slivers to the broth and on top of the fish.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yum! I love ginger :)
  • edited December 2011
    if you go to 99 ranch or an asian store they have a steamed fish cooking broth ( i use that too) but vege broth would work just fine. Also had some chinese (flat leaf) parsley along with the ginger for a more asian taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards