Washington-Seattle
Options

E-pic drama

FI and I had our e-pics taken at the end of March and our photographer posted the teaser shots on her blog this weekend. I was nervous because I'm never fond of myself in pictures, but I thought most of them turned out pretty good. 

FI is a perfectionist and dabbles in photography and he isn't happy with them.  He has some technical criticisms, but he's also not happy with things that we can't fix instantly...weight, imperfect skin, etc.  Although he says all that can be minimized with lighting and angles, I think he's being a little unreasonable.  We haven't seen all of the proofs yet and it may just be that her artistic eye is seeing something different than his.  He will have some input on the final images once we see everything.

I just want FI to be happy and the wedding photos to be fabulous!  Right now, I'm just not sure any of that is possible.  I am so sick over all of it!

http://www.rebeccaellison.com/blog/?p=1514

Re: E-pic drama

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like he's having some insecurities.  The only thing I can think is to reassure him.  You know best how to cheer him up.  And if he's really concerned about weight and skin, etc., try to make it better b/f the wedding.  Hit the gym, work out together?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs - I think they looked great and as for the insecurities, I honestly don't know what to say other than maybe I'm just not sure what he's unhappy about since everything looked good to me?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most of them are great. Only one did I really notice that the light angle was unflattering.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I've reassured him that I love him for who he is, but like I said, he's a perfectionist.  He wants every shot to capture us at our best.

I'm sure we'll be happy when we get to see more than just a dozen of the hundreds of shots taken.  He knows that not every shot will be perfect...that's why you take so many!
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tell him he may dabble in photography but we more than dabble in reviewing e pics (its what we do LOL) and we all have agreed they are great. there are always one or two you personally dont like of yourself but everyone else like anyways. I totally know how he feels though we had bad epics taken. But i think they are very good of the both of you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think the pics are great. There is one that I can see that he'd think it is unflattering. I think sometimes people have a hard time looking at pictures of themselves. We are our worst critics. Your photographer is amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great pics!! :)  No need to be upset or insercure! :) I
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like you said, wait until you get all the pics back and see what you think.  I know the pics our photog blogged, some were good, but honestly, there were more on our CD that we liked better.  Granted, of nearly 200 pics, there really were only about 20 that we liked total, but that's a pretty good amount if you consider it. 

Each person has their own style, including your photog, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you guys will be pleasantly surprised with some nice pics you have yet to see mixed in the whole batch. :) 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards