Wedding Woes
Options

bite update

baby mo has a perfect set of teeth impressions on his arm.  i mean, i can clearly see both sets of incisors, canines and at least one set of molars.

we took pictures, but they were hard to get because baby mo kept laughing (we lift his arms up to tickle him and he thought it was tickle time).

dh is really mad -- he thought the daycare was really evasive about how they handled it.  it wasn't about not telling us which kid (we don't care), but he didn't feel like they have a plan on how to handle it next.  if it happens again, he's taking it up with the director.  i mean, she already knows, but i guess he's going to be slightly irritated hocky dad (as opposed to going full hockey dad).

i imagine it's much harder with a kid like baby mo who didn't cry or say anything -- the daycare providers have no idea when it happened or who did it (they have a few suspects).  really, the only thing they can do is "keep a closer eye on the kids."

Re: bite update

• Options
    Wow, that must have been a hard bite.
  • Options
    And long...it takes awhile to get bite marks...I don't know how I know this.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Mine had bite marks from almost every bite they got at daycare. I guess their little skin marks easier than adults'? 

Anyway, the daycare should have a policy about this. Our welcome packet literature had at least one paragraph about biting, what they do about it, and what they don't do about it.

• Options
    Non parent here doesn't see the big deal as long as it isn't persistant and didn't break the skin.  I mean, I get that you don't want anyone hurting your kid, but put a bunch of toddlers in a room together and isn't there bound to be bites?  Even with the best of supervision?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AthseaAthsea member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Daycare worker here, and I'm just going to throw my two cents in. Almost every kid bites at least once, even the most mild mannered. On that same token, almost every child gets bitten at least once. Yes, even with the best of supervision. Young children are very instinctive creatures. When they're angry or frustrated, they lash out, because they don't have the words to express themselves. It happens.

I understand it's frustrating for you, but unless it's a constant thing, please understand it's just something that happens sometimes, and we can't always catch it. We try, we do. I personally have nearly driven myself crazy trying to keep a particularly difficult child from biting anyone, to the point I kept his hand in mine at all times possible. But we just can't be everywhere at once.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards