Wedding Woes
Options

I want this dressssss! :(

I want this dress soooo bad but I can't afford it yet... I can't afford anything yet. It's not fair lol. My fiance has that idea that we can just throw together a wedding in a few weeks and it will be great. So frustrating.  I have no help at all.  Yet we have like 7-8monts to go til the date we chose.  The dress is perfect so maybe someone can help with a cheaper one that's similar? It is nearly $700 dollar at BCBG

Re: I want this dressssss! :(

• Options
    maybe you should scale back the rest of your budget or pospone the wedding until you can afford what you want.
  • Options
    I would try on dresses within your budget before falling in love with one online. I found one I LOVED on a website, went to the store, tried it on and it was AWFUL....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_want-this-dressssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:7c45299a-dda6-4d39-b908-bf83708442a3Post:a6ce3b38-460c-4c6b-8f8c-4d3248e0bbfd">Re: I want this dressssss! :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would try on dresses within your budget before falling in love with one online. I found one I LOVED on a website, went to the store, tried it on and it was AWFUL....
    Posted by murtleturtle[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this. I had a really particular vision of what I thought I wanted, and when I tried on the dresses I had in mind, they were uniformly awful on me. Try things on before you "fall in love" with a dress online. Also, don't try on anything you can't afford!
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    yeah, yeah, yeah I know lol...  I just moved to Minneapolis and have none of my friends or family  here with me so rather un-motivated to go try on dresses. Who does that by themselves?  I just wish I could go buy this dress and be done with it. Realistically obviously not but  this is the wedding woes section so here I am woeing... I can buy it in a few weeks realisitcally if it does fit and I love it.
  • Options

When will you be back around your friends and family? I agree that you should make it special and go with your friends/family. How much is this over budget?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I went wedding dress shopping all alone! It was so peaceful! At the end of the day I know what looks best on me. I got the idea from Vera Wang, she wrote this article on shopping for dresses and she recommended that girls come alone. Also, when you shop alone and you fall in love with something you will not second guess yourself because someone else doens't like it, unless you are the type of person that needs validation from people about what looks good to feel good about yourself.
  • Options
    My best friend went and tried on dresses alone. She didn't want to deal with the drama of some of her immediate family/in laws, so she just went and had a relaxing day on her own. This way, she didn't have to deal with other opinions. 
    I do know that if I was local to her city, she would have had me come with her (I was her MOH and we have been best friends for over a decade). She did tell me she wished I was there, so I do understand not wanting to go alone, but I don't think it's an awful idea to go and get a few ideas or see what you like. 
    Although keep in mind that I don't know how valuable that advice is coming from me, considering I went once with one bridesmaid, once with my FMIL and her MIL (FI's step dad's mom), and once with my mom and my two sisters, so I never went alone.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did my first dress shopping alone.  I'm rather hobbit-shaped, and needed to gain some confidence shopping alone before I could stand to bring the dog and pony show along.

Also, I agree about trying on dresses to figure out what looks best on you before you shop online.  My favorites in online pictures are a style that looks awful on me, and the one that I fell in love with on me was nothing special online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is NOTHING wrong with trying on dresses by yourself.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Just my .02 from someone who went alone to try on dresses:

Put on your big girl panties and go alone.  You are running out of time to get one ordered and altered in time for your wedding. 

When you go to the bridal store, let them know up front what your budget is and be open to try on dresses outside the box of what you think you want.  You might be surprised what you like once you try it on. 

I would resist the urge to go to Rush's in Minneapolis.  They are an excellent store and very well known in the area but are high end and you don't want to fall in love with something out of your price range. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards