Wedding Woes
Options

DH's new work dilemma

Because I know everyone cares.  He was talking to his boss today.  Boss was asking DH what he wants to do career wise and telling him boss needs to get with him for a performance review before the 11th.

DH is trying to decide if he should give Boss a heads up or not.  I say he shouldn't.  It's not like boss has helped DH all that much.  Fingerprinting is Friday.  He'll resign as soon as all of that clears.  A week isn't going to make that much difference right?

Re: DH's new work dilemma

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not be head's up-ing anyone until the offer was 100% official.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exactly.  I am with no-heads up option.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

The boss was talking about a promotion.  I wonder if they will push that through if he says he's leaving.  I sure hope not. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WAIT. WAIT. WAIT.

People can get vendictive when they know you are leaving. After I gave notice, there was nothing but closed door meetings going on. I did not care. If the offer had not been 100%, I probably would have been freaking out.
  • Options
    ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely not say anything to the boss.  The only notice the boss needs is the two weeks after your H has been guaranteed the new job. Like Min said, people can get vindictive when they know you're leaving. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What they said.

What's up with the new place taking so long? He could have gotten fingerprinted 2 weeks ago.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    They called last week to schedule the fingerprints.  Please recall he was working 16 hr midnight shift.  He can't just do it here either he has to drive 1.5 hrs one way to get it done.  This Friday is the first we could go.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dhs-new-work-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:7f328c37-e565-458e-a969-021f88c09776Post:cc312df4-92a6-4c01-b963-b07a8a0093b6">Re: DH's new work dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]What they said. What's up with the new place taking so long? He could have gotten fingerprinted 2 weeks ago.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

DG - everything is slower than molasses with the new place becaus the state is involved.  I'm suprised that things are moving as quickly as they have been for him.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    I'll echo 'wait'.

ANd, honestly, promotions are nice bt if they wanted to give it to him, they should have thought of that before now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards