Wedding Woes
Options

I have a question

In the year 2012 when I can have shoes delivered to my door overnight, why oh why does it take 4 to 6 weeks to get the first issue of a magazine subscription?  It's a freaking mailing list.  Is the message delivered by foot?  And I mean one foot, as in a one-legged 4 year old who gets frequently distracted on his trek across the country?

Aren't publishers pushing two months of revenue down the road that they could be earning NOW by somehow updating whatever antiquated system they are using?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I have a question

• Options
    This is a conundrum I deal with daily with my clients.

It's because the mailing lists are prepared super-duper far in advance and once it's sent to the distributor, it's a pain in the ass to make changes.  Therefore to be safe, they say 4-6 weeks. 

I find when I sign up for a new magazine, I get 2 issues at once.  The current months and then the next one. 
  • Options

i never even bother subscribing because i tend to forget i had a magazine on the way during that 4-6 weeks, and then i call to cancel because i never got an issue at all.

so frustrating. i end up paying the shelf price for a magazine i might want every so often because i have such bad luck with the mail.

i guess it doesn't help that i move every 2 years.

• Options
    i can understand a periodical to some extent because they will put you on this list for the next issue (which may be 3-4 weeks down the line depending on when they publish/distribute and when you subscribe) - However, I've asked the same thing about all of those infomercial products that take 6-8 weeks for delivery (or you can upgrade to expedited 2-4 week shipping for the low, low price of $14.99!)
  • Options
    It seems like you would have your distributor list that gets shipped on day 1.  Then you would have a stack of extras that someone would be slapping a label on and shipping out as they come in. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-have-a-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:80dffb4e-55c7-451f-84b2-72a7aef7d7a4Post:51bbd281-08e5-45a9-ae34-dc4bea9fef4a">Re: I have a question</a>:
    [QUOTE]It seems like you would have your distributor list that gets shipped on day 1.  Then you would have a stack of extras that someone would be slapping a label on and shipping out as they come in. 
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

You'd think.  But I'd bet money most pub houses use a thrid party to send out their magazines,  then it's not so simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards