Wedding Woes
Options

~~zilla~~

I was thinking of you and Baby J this weekend.  I know you said he had low iron, have you tried to give him spinach?  Earth's Best has a spinach and potato that M2 loves.  I also just throw it in other purees I make her or in 6let's smoothies.  Just a random thought.

Re: ~~zilla~~

• Options
    I imagine a kid would like spinach with some sweet potato, pureed, of course.
  • Options

We're still pretty much purees.  She JUST got her first teeth popping through, but she's pretty good at gumming.  I never gave 6let spinach until he started smoothies.  I probably never would have with M2, but I found this at Big Lots for 30 cents and she LOVES it.

• Options
    6let hated white potatoes and so does M2!  M2 loves it with the spinach though.  When she's done, she likes to pull her bib off...which is extra special fun when it's not one that velcros. 
    '
    She steals MumMums out of my purse though. 
  • Options
    if he has low iron, why not give him the poly-vi-sol with iron? (vitamin drops) - the cheapest i have seen them is about $8 at target (Enfamil brand) or through the walgreens pharmacy (generic, no 'script needed)

Wolverine is anemic, and we have been giving her 1.5mL/day (.5mL with each meal) since she was about 7-8mo. When she hit 1, they upped her to 3mL/day (I'm guessing her weight determines the dosage). We have a seen a rise in her overall iron counts.

i'm sure that the increase in meat since 8mo also helps.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012

Spinach is awesome, but it actually doesn't have significantly more iron than any other vegetable.  Apparently Popeye's love for spinach is a result of a decimal placing error, making whoever did that math think it had 10x more iron than it really does.

Spinach is still awesome and all and can't hurt. I just have to throw in that random fact whenever this topic comes up. :)

• Options
    Is spinach the new corn?  I do recall hearing that the cooked spinach is better for you than the raw spinach.  
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

No, spinach has nutritional value. Just not more than other vegetables. It has this super reputation because Popeye ate it, but that was based on a math error. That's all.

Corn is a pure carbohydrate disguising itself as a vegetable. It has about as much nutritional value as rice or bread. (that is, almost none) 

I still eat it. I just don't expect it to be good fuel for my body. Just like I eat pizza and french fries but am not confusing them with broccoli.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I was just teasing ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards