Washington-Seattle
Options

what are you most worried about?

What worries you the most about your wedding?

I am so worried that it won't turn out as beautifully as I imagine. I have this hope for something amazing and I'm worried it may not turn out quite like that...

I am also worried that people who are dear to FI and I won't be able to make it for one reason or another.

I'm worried people won't have that great of a time...

I'm worried that family members will fight or it will be a war between my fam and FI's fam... i know that won't happen but i had a nightmare once.... ahah

i'm worried that no one will drink all the alcohol we spent too much money on..

i'm worried that a bunch of people who rsvp'd won't show up.. and a ton of people who didn't get an invite will...

i'm worried people will be late too. i've asked them to make SURE to get there early because parking COULD be an issue... i've asked everyone to be ready to be seated by 515.. i almost printed the invites 15 minutes earlier just in case.. i figure if we start 15mins late thats not that bad..
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: what are you most worried about?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am worried about money.  I am worried that it will all come crashing down at the end, and we will be so broke.  We are so worried about this, in fact, that we haven't even booked out honeymoon yet because it scares us to part with that much money at this point, when we know we are contracted out for so much more.  I think it will all be ok in the end, but I am still terrified.  Especially since I won't have an income for part of the summer.
    I am worried that I will never find my last few vendors.  I am scared to talk to my DOC because I feel like an irresponsible, flaky bride.  I am annoyed that things are not all in place, even though it is my fault.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am scared of money, especially if everyone comes and brings their SO and kids.

I am also scared that people won't come b/c we have so many OOT guests and its Fri of Labor Day weekend, and my friends keep moving!  If its too small, it'll be lame.  : (  And if its mostly my friends/fam and FI's can't make it b/c they are all from the East Coast, I'll feel sad.

I'm afraid people will be late, 'cause their lame or b/c they get stuck in traffic.  FI is late to EVERYTHING.  I will assign someone to make sure he's on time.

I'm afraid that some people may get drunk and ridiculous, including FI.  : (

I'm afraid that on the day of I'll be a total control freak and want to go the venue and help set everythihng up or double-check everything and stress myself out rather than just relax and enjoy myself.

And, I'm afraid that it could rain or be cold and my beachy wedding will have to moved inside.  : (
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm afraid of money also.  My parents are paying for a lot of it, but my dad didn't get the large side job that he had anticipated and my stepdad has YET to get a job.  FI and I don't have the funds to make up where they might be lacking so Im nervous that we will be having lots of credit card debit shortly after we are married. :(

I'm afraid that my dad will get too drunk and it will be a disaster.  I asked him to pay for the bar as I know he'll be drinking 1/2 of it.  AND I'm afraid that my uncle - the only other family/friend from my dad's side - won't come and he'll be all alone.

I'm afraid that my guests won't stay the whole time as there is other "entertainment" at the venue.  A lot of my guests who I didn't expect to come said they are coming because they want to see the venue and have never been before.  As selfish as it sounds I don't want to feed people and then they leave.  :(

I'm nervous that the best man won't be able to come because he will get orders for Iraq.  I'm nervous that 2 of my BMs won't come because they don't have the money for plane tickets...cause they both still don't have jobs.  I'm nervous that one my bm's husband will deploy the weekend of my wedding and she won't be around for most of the festivities.

All these worries and I'm still 6 months out!!
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MONEY.  Spending so much and my parents spending so much on one day.  I am also worried about being too hot or uncomfortable in my dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried about how everything will time out.  Either I'll plan too much time in between things and we're sitting around or too tight and we feel rushed.

I'm worried that I'll feel the need to micro-manage every detail the day of and won't relax.

I'm worried that some of my good friends/family won't be able to make the trip because of money.

I'm worried that SLU Park won't be complete and I need to find another place for pre-ceremony pictures.

I'm worried that the food won't be good enough...even though we've tried it and FI and I love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything:) lol. At least it seems like it.
    I am worried about money since FI and I are paying for almost everything ourselves andI won't have a job for the last month and a half before the wedding. I am worried that no one will be able to help us pay of the vendors if we needed at the last minute. We have committed to a lot of money.

I am also worried that my hair and make up won't turn out and that I won't look as beautiful as the brides I see in pictures. I think/ hope I'll feel better after my trials and when I get to put my outfit toegther (all the pieces).

I am worried about people being able to attend since it is on a Friday at 5:00.

I'm worried that I won't be able to relax and I'll be a control freak and not fully enjoy the day.

I hope that none of these are realities and we all relax and enjoy the day we deserve. we are marrying the loves of our lives- so it should all turn out perfect! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:ebb1f56a-565b-4ca0-ac35-af680f479c8ePost:f026467a-01e6-458a-9ac3-bce2d3d1754d">Re: what are you most worried about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everything:) lol. At least it seems like it. I am worried about money since FI and I are paying for almost everything ourselves andI won't have a job for the last month and a half before the wedding. I am worried that no one will be able to help us pay of the vendors if we needed at the last minute. We have committed to a lot of money.
    Posted by trishaselby[/QUOTE]

<div>It's like you & I share the same brain!</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the money thing freaked us out too. i've been planning forever and we've been trying to set aside all of the money for the budget every month. we have literally paid almost all of the major things paid off and it really really makes a difference. I know people don't like to pay vendors early but it has really made a difference in my stress level. If there is anyone you trust, whether it be photog or officiant, ask if they take early payment.. its worth it.. I know i booked people who will show up. I trust them.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Money freaks me out.. We have a lot of help but it just seems like so much! 

I also worry about people having a good time! I found out too late that we would be split up into two connecting rooms if we are over 160... I was so bummed to find that out! It should be ok - I just don't want those people to feel bad!

Another big worry... My Dad came up with this idea that I would sing a song to FI (well then husband) during the reception after the toasts... I am scared people will think I am a big AW and that I suck!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried about becoming a Bridezilla!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennyann- I think we might, both being teachers and all! :) Plus all our other similarities. Since you work privately you don't get your paycheck spread out over the summer? Have any job leads for me? :)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried that someone really close to us will get sick between now and then and not be able to travel to the wedding.

FI is worried that we will have to entertain everyone on the island for like a week.

We have different worries.  :)
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worry about money... especially with FI on an electronic buying binge latelyYell

I also worry about close family members being too sick to come to the wedding.  There are a handful of relatives that aren't in the best of health right now, and who knows how they will be in a year from now.

I worry about it raining too, because I really want an outdoor ceremony!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The other day, I said to FI, "You know what I'm worried about?" and he responded, "EVERYTHING!". :) Pretty much true. 

I'm mostly worried that I'll be so stressed on the day of that I won't let myself enjoy it. And that I'll get annoyed at my mom or BMs and it will stress me out further!

I'm mildly worried about rain, because let's face it, it's Seattle. And I really want outdoor pictures. 

I'm also kinda worried that the WP/FI's family will be late, regardless of being provided with a day-of schedule.... and that they will call me a bridezilla for wanting them to be on time/providing a schedule! (But I'm getting used to the fact that this is probably going to happen.)

I have a lot of worries. Undecided
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried that the people we are inviting won't come. It's my biggest concern, even though we're a year out and this should be enough time for people to at least pencil it into their schedules. We're just past our venue's minimums, and while I don't really mind shelling out the difference, I wish everyone who is invited could come.
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm mostly worried about it all coming together at the end!

I can't afford a DOC and admit that would really calm half my fears. My friend is planning on taking care of setting up the reception for me, but she's been having some really bad health issues the past couple months and I'm so worried that the day before and day of she's going to be having a horrid health day. :( Then she'll feel guilty for being late, not helping and I'll be freaking out. I'm afraid of asking other friends (or figuring out who to even ask) to help with set-up of both venues. I've hired some people to take care of warming food/replenishing buffet and am  having them help with cleanup since we'll only have one hour. I'm afraid one or the other or even both venues won't get set-up in time.

I'm worried that everything will be running late and we only have a 3 hour reception to begin with :( I'm afraid we won't have time to eat or cut cake.

I'm afraid of music all together. I thought this would definitely be somewhere FI would step it up and take charge, but no dice even though it's the category he USUALLY takes care of! I've asked his best man behind his back to help me as I'm desperate. But it's all left to me to figure out first dance and at this point, it's so overwhelming I want to skip it but I know I'll regret it. I can't figure out how to even have processional and recessional music for the ceremony since we aren't allowed amplified sound at the park.

I'm afraid we're not going to have the lovely honeymoon we want because FI has put it off so long and it should have been booked a month ago and he STILL doesn't have solid plans on where we should go!!

I'm also afraid of family drama. I spent most of my life worrying how my mom and dad would interact since they split when I was 7 and hate each other. After seeing them at my brother's wedding 6 years ago, that finally stopped worrying me. And NOW my dad is divorcing my stepmom of 20 years!! My stepmom is important to me so she's going to be there and I'm afraid my dad is going to want to bring his new girlfriend. I'm also afraid something is going to happen and my sister won't be able to do as much as I want. She's my MOH and at this point only attendant. She's ALSO divorcing her husband right now which means it gets complicated how she's going to get her mom to the wedding, plus my nephews and still be there as I get ready and for pics.

And my hair. I'm hopeless with my own hair and trying to figure out how to get it done nicely, inexpensively, and on location makes me hyperventilate!

Mostly, I'm just worried that despite all this time and stress, it's all going to fall apart and I can't do anything to prevent it as I'm out of money and getting close to out of time.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jbuddenjbudden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm worried about the weather. I wasn't really worry about anything, but about 3 months before the wedding my mom asked if I was sure on the venue, and that maybe we should look for something else, and my FI was saying that he thought the guest list was getting too long and that I might need to tell some of my co-workers, who I've already told would be invited, that they might not be able to. I started to FREAK OUT and he said, you know what, ask long as we are married at the end of that day, everything went right. And he's right. With all that there is to worry about, being his wife at the end of the day is all that matters. Now nothing worries me...much. Wink     
    Siggy challenge: FLOWERS!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worry about the health of some immediate family members and them being able to make it to the wedding.

I worry about being too stressed to enjoy it and about being too much of a control freak.  I don't want to embarass myself.

I worry about finding the dress, it fitting right, my hair, and just me looking put together for the day.

I worry about the money but hopefully we're doing enough now to prepare for that.

I worry about people coming and if they'll have a good time.

Lastly, I worry about FI drinking too much and acting foolish.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_worried?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:ebb1f56a-565b-4ca0-ac35-af680f479c8ePost:830660ba-9ed9-497b-8af5-7188d3712dd3">what are you most worried about?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm worried that no one will drink all the alcohol we spent too much money on..
    Posted by sarack[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you don't need to worry about this one. =p
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so afraid there's something that we've forgotten and whatever that "thing" is will cost a lot.

I'm afraid that people will show up with more people than they actually RSVP'ed for (it's kind of common among Filipino people to do this).

I'm afraid that too many people will be at the reception and the place will feel too tight.

I'm afraid the timing will be off and things just won't go right.

I guess my biggest fear is that things won't look/go as i envision them.   I think that's what stresses me out the most. 
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read about half of this and it made me SUPER stressed. I cant read anymore! Now I have a lot more worries LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards