Wedding Woes

A wedding and a Funeral

My fiance proposed on Valentine's day.  The following morning, he gets a call from his mother saying that her sister had just been discovered in her house, on the floor, with a massive stroke.  The poor 87 year old woman had been lying there for over three days, dazed, confused, hurt, and dehydrated.  His whole family is in a chaotic state, with everyone running back and forth to the hospital and back, and we are also at the scene, to help his mother cope with the situation.  Yesterday, we got another call as we were driving to his mother's house.  His aunt is back in the emergency room due to relapse. 

It has not been fun.  I am trying to field calls for bids from the rception sites, officiants, the bands, the photographers, etc., because our wedding is scheduled for the end of June, and it is now end of February.  I am also trying to be there for his family and most especially, his mother, who is devastated by all this.  I just feel so exhausted from it all.  It should be an exciting time for me.

It is not.   Frown

Re: A wedding and a Funeral

• Tell your vendors that there is a family emergency and have them e-mail all bids and contracts.  Then take one night to sit down and go through them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards