July 2012 Weddings
Options

Cake, cookies and pastries.....

We went last night to a couple of local bakeries. Tasted some wonderful cakes with different types of fillings. Delicious!

Now my question is, I plan on ordering a cake but I also want italian cookies and mini cannoli's.

The cake will be served so I will need to get a cake big enough for all of my guests. Now I'm not sure how man cookies and pastries I should order.

The bakery suggests I order enough for everyone. So a cookie tray for 150p is 3-4 cookies for each person. We also want mini cannoli's and they suggest 2pp.

Ordering a cake that serves 150 plus cookies for 150 then add in cannoli's......well, it just seems like a lot of dessert.

I'm thinking cake for 150 and maybe cookies and cannoli's for 100.

What do you think??

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake, cookies and pastries.....

• Options
    I think that is way too much! We are doing cupcakes and mini cannolis as well, I think we decided on 180 cupcakes for the 150 guests and 100-150 cannolis.  We know some people will want to try the different cupcakes but I don't think everyone will take a cannoli.  I would say 1 cannoli per person and 1-2 cookies per person or else you will have tons of leftovers.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have no clue on numbers, but as a guest, I wouldn't want cookies, cake, and cannolis so I think you could get away with less cookies and cannolis.  For cake I would anticipate everyone wanting a piece.
  • Options
    I think that is A LOT of sweets...We're having enough cake for everyone as well as cheesecake for everyone.  (the cheesecake & a late night snack comes with the package).
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Ladies, thanks for your opinions. Much appreciated. I'm going to order much less cookies and cannoli's.

Just seems to much sweets the way it was presented to me.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards