Washington-Seattle
Options

**dawnies79**

Did Annemarie suggest a momento box to hold letters that you and FI exchanged during your ceremony?  She did for us and I'm just not sure how I feel about it.  I don't really need one more "thing" around the house and FI aren't ones to put our feelings into words.  I'm just not sure it would be meaningful for us to write something before the wedding just so we could open it a year later, but that's just us.  I was just curious if you had done it since you also used Annemarie.

Re: **dawnies79**

• Options
    dawnies79dawnies79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep she suggested that. We went ahead and did it...although DH said he pretty much wrote what he had written to her for the vows paperwork she sent us. It was ok....don't know that I would do it again....I guess I don't hate it, but not in love with it either. I guess it will be kind of fun to open in a year and read. I think it would even better to wait till the 5 year anniversary or something...till you've been married longer. I think in a year it'll still be kind of new??
    If it's not important to you just let her know you don't really want to do that. It's your ceremony so I'm sure she'll have no problem with it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I appreciate your thoughts on the subject!  Waiting 5 years is probably a good idea!  We joked that we would just write funny stuff to one another!

FI still has to read through the ceremony so we have a little bit of time to decide, but I'm leaning against it.  We'll see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards