Washington-Seattle
Options

Small shower?

Is anyone else having a really small shower?  MOH wants my guest list, and the way it shakes out, there's only like, 15 people that I want to invite.  Most of my friends who are girls are OOT, and I don't want to invite people to the shower that aren't invited to the wedding (we're trying to keep it small).  That said, I feel kind of silly that they are even having a shower for me.  I mean, if some people can't come, it could be like, 10 people.  Is it weird to have so few people at a shower?  Is there even a point?  WDYT?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Small shower?

• Options
    Amaryllis619Amaryllis619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my shower only had 8 people, our wedding isn't very many people, and most of them are from oot.  We had a blast!
    snowbaby-1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That doesn't seem small to me at all. There were 11 of us at mine and it was perfect. We were at a tea house and even played games and everything, it was super fun!.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the best showers I went to had like 7 guests plus the bride.  We had brunch, chatted, she opened presents, then we watched a video of her FI getting pop-quizzed about their relationship.  It was really cozy and if mine ended up like that, I'd be a happy camper.

My shower hostesses are inviting like 18, I think, but of those, only 15 would actually come (others are really OOT), and I don't know yet who's available.  So, a similar size to yours probably.

I wouldn't worry about the size.  10 people is still plenty big enough to have a great time, and you're more likely to get to interact with everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds about an average size to me, really. My list is between 18-20 and that's including me and my MOH.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ pp.  That's not small.  Plus, I'd rather have a smaller shower w/ people I'm close to and can talk to than a big one w/ everyone and not being able to really visit w/ everyone there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the amount sounds perfect! And you DEFINITELY need a shower!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine, and of course you would totally regret it, I'm assuming at least, if you didn't have the shower. It's like a rite of passage when you're getting married. You've GOT to have the shower! So don't worry about it, let your MOH have fun planning it and some other pp on here say that theirs was just as great small. More personalized. I think it's great!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I can invite 16 to mine? My aunt is throwing it and only has 16 chairs =). I think it is a great amount! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not wierd at all! Totally do it!! This is a once in a lifetime experience and you will have a fabulous time! :) I'm only having 14 people at mine and I think its a perfect number to have it feel intimate and special!
  • Options
    briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Th shower that my BM's are throwing me has only 15 people on the list. My family shower has 44! Iam lookinf forward to the friends one more because there will be less people to have to talk to and keep track of.

Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's about the size of my guest list.  I've gone to showers that had between 12-20 people, so sounds average to me.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think an intimate shower would be nice. There were like 65 people invited to mine and at least 10 of them were strangers or people I had only met once. I would have preferred it be smaller.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I guess I'm just a ding-dong!  When I looked over my list, I was actually happy with the size & who was on it, but I didn't want my MOH to waste her time if that was like, a ridiculously small shower size.  All the showers I've attended so far have been held in really small spaces, so I think I thought there were a lot more people, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you asked and liked the responses. I was kind of wondering the same thing - my shower is going to have about 10 people, including me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards