Washington-Seattle
Options

Engaged Encounter

Hi Knotties,

My fiance and I just got home from our weekend Engaged Encounter, so I thought I'd post just in case anyone else is thinking about doing it for premarital counseling.

In a nutshell, FI and I both thought the weekend was amazing. We're very open with each other and talk about all kinds of topics - future-related and not - but we learned this weekend that there were some things that we hadn't thought about or at least hadn't discussed in detail. We did a lot of talking, crying and laughing this weekend, and we feel even closer now. We're so excited about our future together!

Just FYI, although the Seattle Catholic Archdiocese puts on EE, you don't have to be Catholic to go. Several people there this weekend were not Catholic, including us. We chose this because our church requires premarital counseling to get married there, and we thought it would be best to do it all in one weekend rather than spread out over the course of several weeks.

So, if you are thinking about doing EE, know that we, and I think all of the other couples there, found it to be very useful, inspiring, and so worth the weekend commitment.

Re: Engaged Encounter

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice, thanks for sharing!  Is there a website or something?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's here: http://www.ceeseattle.org/

Very simple Web site with not much info. That's because not only is EE run by the Archdiocese, but its hosts and organizers for the weekends are volunteers. They have a couple of locations they use, but if you get a chance, I definitely recommend the Palisades Retreat Center in Federal Way - it was gorgeous! Really pretty, peaceful grounds on the hill overlooking Puget Sound.
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went too - in January - and I was completey shocked at how valuable this was! Honestly, we were completely dreading it - but we ended up learning a lot of useful information!
  • Options
    crystalbleucrystalbleu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree! We went to Palisades in Federal Way and it was so peaceful. It was nice to be there with my fiance without the distraction of TV, computers, even our dogs (that we love!)...just to be focused on one another and talk honestly. Invaluable experience!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards