Washington-Seattle
Options

invite proof

I guess I should get your girl's opinions before I decide to print in bulk. Does everything look ok??

edit.. the copy and paste was looking horrible.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: invite proof

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ok.. so the alignment and everything is off.. i just copied and pasted...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha ok thats what I was thinking the alignment thing but other than that they look fantastic! I LOVE the small caps font thing you did! We did this too on our wrap around labels... what are those going to look like BTW? Do you need a template for them? I made mine and printed them on full sheet label paper, how are you doing yours?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks good - maybe just me, but how about "Two Thousand and Ten"?  I'm not sure on that though...
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh also are you going to put your last names on it? Or do you just put the guys? I've seen it both but I put both our last names...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a template from Jennyann that I was going to tweek, but if you have yours already made, i'd love for you to email me them. :) saves me the trouble of having to do them, i'll just have to change the fonts and colors possibly. i'm pming you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

so there is what it looks like..

so it should be two thousand and ten?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about the time? can it just be half past five in the evening? or it needs the o'clock?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can use evening and I like the two thousand and ten better... but thats just my personal opinion :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they look good!  Here are my thoughts...

I would use lower case in the following places... 

as they exchange marriage vows

at half past five o'clock in the evening

As for two thousand ten or two thousand and ten...I prefer it the way you have it, but either way seems acceptable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're going to put "o'clock" then I would put "and ten, but I have no grammar reason for that other than it makes sense to me to have the longer versions together. Personally, I don't like o'clocks. :)  My other thought is I like punctuation, so to me, it should be
    Together with their families,
    blah blah and then put a period at the end :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_invite-proof?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:f350fe5c-304f-46ed-a1c9-d425575e5b74Post:9912267e-ea73-466e-9334-f0bab2e7766d">Re: invite proof</a>:
    [QUOTE]so there is what it looks like.. so it should be two thousand and ten?
    Posted by sarack[/QUOTE]
    It's proper to say Two thousand ten.  But it's common to write it either way.  (like it's proper to say Two thousand nine, but people regularly say it Two thousand and nine)

One more thing - is the O in O'Clock capitalized for a reason?  I don't think it should be.  This may be a style choice on your part, but I also noticed that you capitalized Thirty-first, Thousand (in the year) and Ten (in the year).  I don't think you would normally capitalize those, either.  But if you did it for stylistic reasons, that's your call.

As for puncuation, I disagree with KST.  I rarely see puncuation added to the end of the invitation, and personally I prefer it without.  So, again, your call.

But they're adorable, and I love them.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it helps, I didn't even put the year on mine. I would think people would assume it is 2010, especially if they already got a STD I also agree with Carrie, no punctuation. I can't help with the time. I blocked mine out on my bio, so I don't remember how I stated it.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No no no!  Don't put "AND ten"!  Even though lots of people say it (which drives me crazy), what it actually means is 2000.10.  The "and" means decimal.  And I don't think you're getting married ten years ago.  So keep two thousand ten.  Laughing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards