• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Is this in a non-sexual way? 
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    SS/RP: Less than once a month, but more than never.  Alcohol would definitely be involved and it was more a matter of not drinking and driving than having a slumber party.

ETA: I can't read.  I thought it said "in your 20's"  - not mid-to-late 20's and so on.  I don't think I've done this since before DH and I moved in together. 
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    6, the poll assumes it is not sexual.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I remember one time an in town friend spent the night because we got a little trashed.
  • Options
    SS/SP.  We've had quite a few excellent parties where food and wine and song were flowing freely and people crashed for the night.  It is usually planned to be that way in advance though.  However, it's been at least a year since this has happened, maybe longer and I would say total of less than 5 times in 7 years at the house.
  • Options
    RP: Since our BFFs live in Springs, about 1.5 hours away, there have been several times when they sleep over here or we sleep there. But it's almost always pre-planned, and because we have stuff to do early in the morning or whatnot. 

I also offer people the option to sleep here before they fly anywhere - I live closest to the airport, and am the official place to park for free. If it's an early flight, they can stay in the guest room and take a cab in the morning - still cheaper than airport parking for a whole week. 

• Options

I never have.  We let one of DH's friends sleep at our townhouse after a night of drinking years and years and years ago, but nothing since then.

• Options
    An handful of times in my swingin' single days a friend would stay at my place because she was too drunk to get home safely.  But it wasn't anything we planned for (at least I didn't) and I always found it annoying. 

I was always responsible enough to either not drink too much or to have a ride planned home.  I would rather take a cab than sleep on someone else's nasty couch without a toothbrush.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_poll-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:932531a4-4ba8-4575-ae1f-acb8121e12bdPost:b7cbc400-5995-4e37-9c9c-db203051258c">Re: POLL.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>  I would rather take a cab than sleep on someone else's nasty couch without a toothbrush</strong>.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

My couch is not nasty and I am not friends with anyone who does have a nasty couch.  Thank you very much.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    mine's closer to bacon'smoms answer.

And I tend to ahve spare (new) toothbrushes in the cupboard.
  • Options
    I have a guest room.  It never happened when we had an apartment, b/c there wasn't room for that.  And it was planned.

Also, has no one had a friend stay with them for the weekend visiting?  Now that I think about it, I have a friend from StL that comes at least once a year here and I go visit her there and we stay at each other's house.  That doesn't even have anything to do with drinking/partying and it's all planned.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_poll-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:932531a4-4ba8-4575-ae1f-acb8121e12bdPost:8271d36c-fe54-4728-939b-cac985fa841e">Re: POLL.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: POLL. : My couch is not nasty and I am not friends with anyone who does have a nasty couch.  Thank you very much.
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

I bet they do nasty things on their couches, AF!!!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DK and 2 of his college roommates used to have a guys' night once or twice a year where they would get a bunch of pizza/cheesesteaks and beer and play video games half of the night. They would crash on air mattresses or the couch.

This was always done at the same guy's apartment, about 2 hours away from our house. I never would have expected him to try and drive home. (When we hosted his friends, I cooked and they left at a reasonable hour - but if they had been drinking enough to not drive we would have offered them our guest rooms.)

I had no desire to sleep on someone else's couch, so I planned accordingly - either was the DD and/or cut the night short so I could get home.

^^^all of this was prior to the move to TX, where all of our friends live less than 20 minutes from us, or are visiting from OOT and staying at our house.
  • Options
    I think I need to know how alcohol factors into this equation.

Also I just turned 24 so I don't think I can vote in this poll :(

Generally, the only time we have local friends stay over is when they are too drunk to drive home. As a couple, one of us either stays sober during the night or we plan ahead to cab it back home. Couches suck for couples :)
  • Options
    SIL came and slept at my house, with me, in my bed last summer when she and BIL were home for DH's graduation party.  We didn't want DH's or BIL's nasty drunk asses bothering us, so we left them at my IL's.  They were MIL's problem.

Also, DefConn was a tiny thing and I was still in the thores of being a super paranoid new mom.  I had it so easy then...Ahh memories.  :)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_poll-59?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:932531a4-4ba8-4575-ae1f-acb8121e12bdPost:cafe901e-3454-4d81-88ca-1933ef107ee8">Re: POLL.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Also, has no one had a friend stay with them for the weekend visiting?  Now that I think about it, I have a friend from StL that comes at least once a year here and I go visit her there and we stay at each other's house.  That doesn't even have anything to do with drinking/partying and it's all planned.  
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

The poll was for people that lived locally.  I didn't consider out of town guests when answering.
  • Options
    When FI and I went to a family event a few hours away, I shared the sofa bed with my fSIL who is also my best friend. We stayed up all night talking about boys, even though my FI was on the airbed like six feet away :P
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I'd say once/year, maybe? But myclosest friends geographically are still almost an hour away, so IDK if that counts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards