Wedding Woes
Options

Please keep an eye out

for my voice. I appear to have lost it, badly. And we're having a hanukkah party tonight.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Please keep an eye out

• Options
    That's a bummer.  I'm sorry.

We're off to the doc this afternoon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_please-keep-eye-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:957d2c32-f870-4d48-ac15-e416d0fedc04Post:2aa0f198-51ab-462b-a075-06a381165bd9">Re: Please keep an eye out</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is M getting for hanukkah? (we got baby a few dollar store toys for his stocking.<strong> one is a sippy cup</strong>. awesome, right?) also, question. do Jewish babies get any sort of "Baby's 1st-" decorations? i didn't see anything in the stores so i really didn't know the answer. Baby's 1st Hannukah stockings didn't seem to make sense to me.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

my advice to you, is if he can handle the sippy cup, get him to start using it asap. we took wolverine's bottle away from her completely after we got back from our trip (she was still getting one before bed, and we used one on the trip in conjunction with the sippy because it was easier).

She was not having that. it took about a week of  her smacking it away and very pointedly saying "BaBa" and us putting her to bed without before she gave in and accepted that she would not be getting any more bottles.
  • Options
    Zilla, she's making out like a bandit.

3 melissa and doug toys (pack of 3 peg puzzles, a pounding toy and blocks)
    6 by Seuss collection
    4 other books (There's a Wocket In My Pocket, You're not so scary Sid, How to speak wookie, Herschel and the Hanukkah Goblins)
    a pack of 4 plush puppets

From my mom she got a menorah and a hanukkah book, SIL got her SEVERAL books, H's aunt got her a stuffed sheep and a cute outfit. she's gotten stuff we haven't opened from my aunts and uncles.

Please keep in mind that her birthday is in 3 weeks, too.

Buy Buy Baby had "baby's first hanukkah" and some other Hanukkah onsies, shirts and jammies.
  • Options
    TG, i hope you don't lose your voice the way i did in nov - it was gone for almost 2 weeks, and i was sick for about 3.5. there's some sort of really nasty upper respiratory infection going around.
  • Options
    Earth has treated her fantastically. It's screwed her parents. But as long as she is happy and loved, who cares?
  • Options
    Gaaah at almost a year!

M2 has never taken a bottle and at this point I'm thinking about just going to the sippy.  She still nurses twice a day, but I also mix formula into her food.
  • Options
    Geez these kids are growing up fast. Good luck on your voice. Mine was gone last week.
  • Options
    I hope it comes back TG.  Sounds like M is getting a wonderful Hanukkah.  :)

Is it really 3 weeks until her 1st b-day? Wow.

We've started DefConn on sippy cups, but so far he thinks they're toys.
  • Options

Confession: Dex is still almost completely on sippy cups. At 3.

It's not harming him or anything, like still having a bottle at 3 would <cough />Suri<cough>, but I'm just not up to dealing with the constant cleanup that comes with big boy cups. Sippies also allow him to drink milk in other parts of the house.

• Options
    DD uses sippy cups for the car/travel/park sort of situation so they aren't spilling/sloshing around.  However, at home and school, she's exclusively on "big girl" cups.  Sure, we've had a few spills, but that's why she has to stay in the kitchen or find a seat before she can have a drink.
    imageimage
  • Options

I'll do big boy cups for water only, or other drinks at the actual table.  but they're still so oblivious that they end up being completely knocked over, usually in a way that splashes whatever liquid ridiculously far.

They do big boy cups at daycare. And, like I said, no long-term damage. Just mom guilt in overdrive.

Also, add me to the list of people who can't believe M is going to be 1! I keep thinking 9m, but I guess that was a couple of months ago. Geez.

• Options
    Yeah, we have a CUPS ON THE TABLE! rule.  If you have a cup, it must go on a table when you are done drinking.
    imageimage
  • Options

i want baby mo to transition to straw sippy cups.  easier to find a straw when you're out and about vs. carrying a clean sippy at all times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards