Wedding Woes

s/o same names on facebook

DH has a friend who has a relatively common name. It's not John Smith common, but it's common.

He was telling me recently that he recently got a friend request from a woman with a message attached that was something along the lines of "Are you the John Smith who lived in City, State from year-year?"

Friend had no idea who this woman was, but he had lived in that city and state during the time she specified, so he said yes, hoping to get more information about who she was. She didn't offer anything about herself, but asked a few more questions that made it pretty obvious that he was the John Smith she was looking for.

Still confused, friend checked her profile to see if it would offer any further information. Turns out, she was friends with something like 28 different John Smiths. She'd clearly been trolling fb trying to find someone, and by the questions she was asking, it was pretty obvious that that someone was our John Smith.

He didn't accept the request and never responded to another message from her. So now the question is, who was she, and why was she so desperate to find this guy? DH and I suspect our friend has a kid out there that he never knew about.

Re: s/o same names on facebook

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_same-names-facebook?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:958ad90b-1c8a-4e3e-a137-55093397e8caPost:d096b0a1-21b4-4867-8f68-41c92818bbf3">s/o same names on facebook</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I suspect our friend has a kid out there that he never knew about.
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought, too.
  • Someone's doing her own research to find her baby daddy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards