Washington-Seattle
Options

Receiving line help...

I know that I want to do one but I don't know who to include.

Please vote...

Re: Receiving line help...

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd vote just bride and groom, but my second vote would be to include parents.  Either way is fine, but more than that is too much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing one but just bride and groom. Both mine and FI's mom are big talkers, so if we included them it would take HOURS. I really want to do one because I think that talking to each guest this way will help us to relax more at the reception, but I want to keep it small so that it can move the quickest.
    My Planning Bio image
    176 invited image 92 Joinin in image 56 Missin out image 29 Slackers image RSVP Date: August 27th
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd vote either Bride & Groom or that plus parents if you really wanted (which I voted for because it seems like you might want more people considering the options you gave), but no more than that. Mostly people want to have a chance to talk to the two of you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anything's fine, but IMO, don't include your whole party! I was in a recieving line couple of months ago (for a non-wedding event) and there were a bunch of people in it and it took forever! By the time we were done, half the people had finished eating and were ready to go.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah i voted for B&g with parents.  having siblings or other wp members is not neccessary IMO. 
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorite receiving lines are when it is only the bride and groom.  Usually I don't know any of the 4 parents, and it is really awkward to have to talk to them, even if it is only for a brief moment.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For you, I voted for just B&G. My main reason was that you noted that the parents are talkers. Just from what I picked up, it sounded like you were concerned that you would be waiting to receive your own guests. I would have voted another way, but that bit of information changed my mind.
    Have fun!!!!
    God's best far surpasses my best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards