Wedding Woes
Options

Random WWWWD?

We have a framed photo hanging in our house of H and his son from our wedding.  Son's ex is in the background, not just a blur, a visible face.  I've thought about taking it down, but it is in a frame with three related pictures - the one I just described of H and his son in the church hallway just before the ceremony, then one of me with my parents and sisters getting ready to walk down the aisle and one of the church taken from the back just before we came in.  I love the grouping.  But is it really rude to son & son's wife to have a photo of son's ex hanging in our house?  I've left it up half out of laziness and half out of "She was a part of our wedding, too.  It's not my fault she turned out crazy and it all ended badly."

I have to look at pictures of H's ex when we go to son's house, but that is a little different seeing as that lady is his mom and all.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Random WWWWD?

• Options
    I'd take it down.
  • Options
    i don't think it's a big deal since she's not a "featured" person in the picture. a better question is does your stepson or his new wife care? if not, why change it?
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    I don't know if they care.  They haven't said anything, but that doesn't mean they are okay with it. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hmm. I don't know. If it bothers you, sure take it down. My grandparents keep their daughters' wedding pictures up even though 2 of the son-in-laws are now ex's. They have ill feelings towards my dad, so I don't get why they're up. I guess they just don't care.

Step-son kept a picture of his parents wedding day up when he lived with us, but he put an Onion caption on it: "Wedding enjoyed by no one but bride."

I didn't mind it at all  ; )

EDIT: Oh, it's step son's ex-wife. If she's in the back ground, I wouldn't think much of it. They already know that she was there and it's not like she's featured.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    There are two pictures of H with women in MIL's house. An engagement photo of ours, on the piano, in the back room, shoved way up against the wall. The other is a prom pic on the fridge. I'd be happier if our photo was more predominately dispalyed, but I'm not going to cry about it. <- not the same thing, I know.
  • Options
    Can you crop her out of it?
  • Options
    Take a picture of new DIL.  Cut out her head.  Tape it over the head of ex-DIL.

You're welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards