Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Monday!

Did you have a good weekend? 

Saturday was 6let's speech eval.  I met sMIL for lunch and DH took the kids to McD's. That was about it.  Sunday was Church and a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond for curtains.  I also ordered some blnds and started a registry (ugh, but my mind is shot and I can't remember what I want to get).  Then I cleaned inside while Dh and 6let worked on the outside.

Overall it was excellent.  Today I have an appt and I'm taking the kids.  6let is super excited to hear the heartbeat even though he doesn't really know what that means.  Tuesday the ILs invade and Wednesdy we find out the sex!

Re: Happy Monday!

• Options
    My weekend was excellent.

Saturday we did some shopping and got a great deal on Son's school shoes.  I got DD1's birthday dress.  While the girls napped, we played video games.

Sunday we got Son's school supplies, cleaned the house and played more video games.

It was the best weekend we've had in a while.
  • Options
    Friday night just hung out.  DH had to work on Saturday at 2 PM so we hung around home in the morning.  Then brother #1 called with the news they had to take their dog in to be put down.  We all knew it was coming but it was so sad.  He was 13 and had a good life but will be very missed.

Sunday we did church and then went out to the campground where brother #1 and family have a site.  Brother #2 was home from Missouri and we had a great lunch, long walk and helped bro #1 put a new awning on his trailer.  On the way home, we stopped at the Toyota/Scion dealer to look.  DH got very interested in a Scion iq (see it here).  I'm not so sure.  We aren't seriously looking but will need to replace his car in the next couple of years.

Today it's back to work and preparing for a transition to Windows 7 on everyone's workstation tomorrow morning.  I'm a superuser so I've been on it for about a week without issues, but we have a couple of people who will freak out tomorrow morning eventhough there have been preparation, classes and quick start guides.
  • Options
    Weekend was good.

Race on Saturday which was amazing because the weather was so nice.  I split the race evenly...31:23 on each 3.5 mile split.  Ha.  That never happens.  I usually go out too fast and then just fade.  I was happy with that.  Considering I hadn't run since 7/4, I was thrilled.  Then back to town, and random sitting around.  Took H lunch, sat at home some more.  We tossed around the idea of a movie and dinner, but ended up digging around for an owned DVD and ordering Pizza.  How plans disintegrate when you're old and tired.

Sunday was quieter.  Got grocery shopping done, some cleaning done and dinner with the family. 

MNNEbride-that car is tiny!  :)  Cute though.  Did you know Ford is coming out with a 3 cylinder car that will blow the prius out of the water (in the vein of GM's metro).  Hee.  Thank you, NPR for random crap I don't need to know.

6-when do you find out the results of 6lets test?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_happy-monday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:9a2ebe32-4897-4e89-a381-5257b352be94Post:b394efb5-9698-4ca3-80cf-74fb0a3c6cce">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] MNNEbride-that car is tiny!  :)  Cute though.  Did you know Ford is coming out with a 3 cylinder car that will blow the prius out of the water (in the vein of GM's metro).  Hee.  Thank you, NPR for random crap I don't need to know. Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

I know - it looks like a clown car at the circus!
  • Options
    Friday - one of DH's employees opened a new grocery store for Nepali and Bhutanese food, so we went to the grand opening.   It was cool.   His wife gave us a tour and explained what everything was, and we left with a grocery bag full of stuff to try.   It all looks very yummy.
    Saturday - we went to one of my neice's 1st birthday party.   The kids were loud and crazy and I damn near lost my mind, but other than that it was fine.   I don't understand why parents don't teach their kids basic manners and I had to bite my tongue 5,000,000 times.   DH couldn't bite his tongue for any longer, and ended up doing some parenting of other people's kids.   So irritating!   (And these are 4 - 7 year olds that I'm talking about, not 1 year olds.)
    Saturday night, DH went to play games so DD and I did mommy/daughter movie night - one of my favorite things!   We chowed down on popcorn and watched "The Prince of Egypt".  The movie was way too deep to explain to a 3 1/2 year old, so it did not go over well with her.   I had to explain what a slave is, what a slave master is, why God was talking to Moses through a burning bush, why God was killing the children and sending frogs.   Oh boy.   Do not recommend.   I'm not sure what I was thinking.
    Sunday afternoon, I went to a little "learn how to use the manual settings on your digital camera" thingy and had a really nice time.   I got some great pictures.   I can't wait to do this again.
    Last night, we ate some of our food we got at the Nepali grocery story, and ordered in some Chinese to supplement.   And watched the Olympics.
  • Options
    Friday-My sister had an opening ceremonies party and it was super fun. 

Saturday-I worked and then we went to my parents for dinner.  My aunt brought Portillos down from Chicago.  We went to a AAA baseball game downtown.

Sunday-Cleaned house in the morning and then DH and the kiddo went to the Colts training camp with FIL.  MIL and I went shopping.  IL's stayed for dinner.

We had the Olympics on all weekend if we were home.
  • Options
    My house is empty again, so it was a great weekend.

Saturday my parents wanted to watch the Olympics and pack - no outings - so I went ahead to a board meeting of the theatre company and a rehearsal for our show in August. (I got roped into performing. GayH owes me SO BIG for this.) 

Sunday I did nothing, and it was blissful - all the moreso because my weekends are filling up all the way through October (new cantor schedules are out) and school is starting and I'm trying to juggle three people's schedules all of a sudden. All this working crap is for the birds. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    O- he did responded well to the testing.  He's painfully shy so I was a little concerned when the tester was wearing a headcovering.  I was afraid it might be an Amish episode, but he took to her.  There were a few times she asked him to repeat and enunciate.  I could tell he was trying really hard to make his mouth move like hers.  Since he couldn't get it he didn't try.

We're wait listed for therapy, but she doesn't think it should take more than a few months once he gets started. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards