Wedding Woes
Options

Ok to skip to flower girl and ring bearer?

Small dilemma: We don't really have any smaller folks in our lives that we are close enough to that we'd consider putting in our wedding. Plus, there's a double staircase that the WP will have to ascend and descend at the ceremony. Is it ok to leave those roles unfilled for the WP? We have a small party with 3 BMs, 3 GMs and 2 ushers. I just can't see myself asking my cousin to "borrow" her kids when we aren't close.

Thanks!!

Re: Ok to skip to flower girl and ring bearer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, it's your wedding, no need to ask someone you're not close to just to fill a role.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These days you can do whatever you want. Anything goes. I have even seen people have their dog as a ring bearer. You can find really cute costumes and stuff. Its your wedding, so you do what you and your FI want.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely. If the relationship isn't there, there's no reason to have a FG/RB.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would skip it then as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not.  We'd have to have 2 and 2 all under the age of 3.  NOT happening.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We didn't want children at the wedding or in the wedding party, so we're skipping it.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    dianna609dianna609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I feel better about excluding the role of FG/RB now. Glad some others are doing it as well. =)
  • Options
    zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna be honest, of the three weddings I remember being at, only one had a RB, and none had FGs.

The one that did have a RB, it was the groom's nephew/godson.
  • Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer wedding without little kids in them. They tend to either balk at walking down the aisle or do something silly during the wedding   Yes a lot of people actually enjoyr that and while I do generally think they are cute - they annoy me because they distract from the wedding and that is why I'm there.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe you really think this was even worth asking.  No one will give a f_ck if there are a few less brats running around on your big day.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    dianna609dianna609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. That was rude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards