Wedding Woes
Options

::waddles in::

Yes, yes...boring pregnant lady question.

My ankles are fat. My feet are fat. I'm swollen up that calling them feet and ankles is really a disservice because they don't look like body parts...more like hideous skin colored tree trunks and roots.

So any suggestions? I'm trying to be good on my sodium intake, drinking water, and keeping my feet up. My blood pressure is fine, so this isn't some sort of horrible warning sign of my impending death from some pregnancy complication.

Re: ::waddles in::

• Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're just late in your pregnancy and that it happens to some people. It sounds like you're doing all the right things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

i'm trying to think of some way that they can used to frighten the elderly.

btw, how will we -- ww -- know when you give birth? 

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chug water and eliminate salt.  Which you're already doing.  

I think a pedicure would help.  And a nice, long foot rub.  Or some retail therapy.
    imageimage
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    My ankles and feet were really swollen toward the end.  I should have taken a picture.  (I had high BP, though)

I doubt they're going to go down until after you give birth.  Just keep doing what you are doing.

And don't freak out if they don't go down right away.  It may take a couple days to a couple weeks for the swelling to go down.  It took mine about a week and a half after DD was born.
  • Options
    awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ankles are fat. My feet are fat. I'm swollen up that calling them feet and ankles is really a disservice because they don't look like body parts...more like hideous skin colored tree trunks and roots.

The medical term is: CANKLES
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011

It just happens.  You're doing everything you can, but such is life.

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a pedicure will help some

Pre-pedicure pic:  http://bit.ly/bm6nap

post-pedicure pic: http://bit.ly/cSZyFq
    (That was at about 36w, btw)

Also, TED stockings or other compression socks/stockings.  Not the prettiest, but they can be hidden with pants and regular socks if necessary.  I'd sleep in them if you can.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_waddles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a30ef339-0bea-49a8-8d0b-edb7062e7ebaPost:41b48e78-d34c-48d4-94b5-4ca35aef90b6">Re: ::waddles in::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, TED stockings or other compression socks/stockings.  Not the prettiest, but they can be hidden with pants and regular socks if necessary.  I'd sleep in them if you can.
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This reminds me of a night very close to my delivery date.  My feet were so swollen I couldn't get flip flops on.  I was at my wit's end.  I didn't have any compression socks/stockings, so I yanked on a pair of Leggs pantyhose mid-thigh and threw my legs over the back of the couch and hung upside down for about 2 hours reading.  H came home and was like, "Milkawhat is going on here?!?!"  Yeah.  Not the sexiest look.  And it didn't really work.  But I was grasping at non-swollen straws.</div>
    imageimage
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Hmo, I do not know. Shall I text Busy a picture of the baby crowning for her to share with you?
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is an amazing visual, Skankenstein. So funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_waddles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:a30ef339-0bea-49a8-8d0b-edb7062e7ebaPost:f4c36d01-5c23-47b3-9830-7cb42e1fddb5">Re: ::waddles in::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmo, I do not know. Shall I text Busy a picture of the baby crowning for her to share with you?
    Posted by PMeg819[/QUOTE]

<like />
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am available by text, phone or vag photo text.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards