Washington-Seattle
Options

I'm Married! (& Vendor Reviews)

Hello-
I didn't talk much on the boards before the wedding but am so excited, I wanted to share. Wedding was Saturday... It wouldn't be a wedding without a little drama, but nothing could ruin my day. I was sooo excited all day, literally hopping up and down the hallways. I never believe one day in my life would make me so happy. But it was by far the best day of my life.

It had extra special meaning to us because we have worked so hard for it. We have been together 5 years, engaged for 2. We paid for 95% of the wedding on our own and not a single penny on credit. To top it off, between my fiance-well, husband :) -and I have lost a total of 180 pounds in the last 18 months (he lost 120, me 60). I have no regrets at all about the day and wouldn't change a thing....

If you want to see, here are some of the pics family took...the only pro ones are on the bottom...

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/mel_barnes/Wedding/

Now, onto our reviews...

We did a lot of things on our own, so not too many...

Programs: designed and printed on www.mpix.com-A++++; price was amazing (less than $90 for 100 half fold printed on all sides), cards were printed the same night as the order was submitted and delivered in 2 days-without any extra charge.

Plate/Silver Rentals: R&R party rentals-C: It is what it is. The reason for the C is I returned everything but apparently am missing 2 forks and a knife (out of 250 rented), and I got a cryptic message saying they were charging me $24 there would be an email confirmation sent out.  I still haven't seen the confirmation...and am still trying to figure out how 3 items of silverware costs $24...

Location: Thornewood Castle, Tacoma WA-B-: The venue is beautiful. No denying that at all. They did all the set up, take down of tables, chairs, etc. We did not bring in any of our own decorations at all, and it looked amazing. They also gave us 40% off any rooms rented by our group during wedding weekend (it would have been 25% if we had breakfast, but there was really no need since all the rooms had mini fridges and microwaves). THE BAD: The rooms definitely had some issues but I suppose you have to give a little on a 100 year old building. They also do not communicate well prior to wedding day. We were supposed to have been provided a coordinator for the day, but that didn't happen (luckily I had delegated 2 girls in charge). They are also VERY STRICT. If you want a quick wedding, it is fine but rangling in-and getting out-that many people (100+) in our 6 hour block was tough. Literally, you-and your vendors- are not allowed on site until THE MINUTE your contract starts (we stayed the night before so had a little wiggle room-but not much). And it is pricey. But beautiful...

Flowers: Safeway/QFC-A+. We ordered all the boutineers, corsages, and my bouquet 2 days before. $200 for bridal bouquet, 7 bouts, 3 corsages. We purchased whatever flowers were in our colors from QFC for the 3 bridesmaid bouquets plus some babys breath for around $30.

Dress/Bridal Jewelry: The wedding bell bride, tacoma, WA-A; I. Love. My. Dress. They were very helpful everytime I went in. They had my dress readu for me when I wanted to try it on. When I found my dress, it's like the bridal consultant, Jess, knew me; knew what I wanted before I did. It was nothing I said I wanted, but the most amazing dress. They gave me a great price, worked on a payment plan, and stored my dress till I was ready for it. The jewelry was nice, but I sorta felt pushed into it. But it worked fantastically with my dress so....

Cake/Food/Invites: Family did it so no reviews...I know they are totally never doing it again....

Bridal Party Jewelry: Amber Melland-Wilson (she is on Facebook) A: I love what she did. I sent her a picture of the general idea I wanted, she sent back questions on the timing and budget (which was used to determine the materials), and gave me the most amazing final product. I am actually having her make me a set because they are that awesome. She communicated well what she needed, asked before she made changes from the original design, and was just plain awesome.

Hair/Makeup: Alisa Clark-http://monaalisapro.blogspot.com/-A+++++++++++: Seriously, love her. She came to us, did 5 (non makeup-wearin, sometimes whineyish) ladies hair and makeup in 4 hours. She was completely prepared and right on time. She brought a make-up assistant but did all the hair on her own. She listened to what we wanted, but knew what was and wasn't possible with our hair so modified as needed, As for make-up, she definitely brought out the best in all of our features-highlighted what needed highlighting, and hid the not so awesome parts. She is extremely talented and did an AMAZING job.

Photography: Whimsical Photo Design, A++++++++++++++: Susan is amazing (the two pics below are my teasers...now I impatiently wait for the rest). She did our engagement pics in August, and even though I was REALLY late, she still did fantastic with us. As for wedding day, she was totally on top of it. She got to our venue right on time, busied herself with detail shots while we finished getting ready, and totally meshed in with us, but didn't seem like she was in the way. She brought a second shooter, and 1 1/2 assistants (my friends was also assisting, because she generally works with her, but I sorta hijacked her as a coordinator) so she was always on top of everything. She spend the whole day capturing the pictures I wanted, but also got the things I forgot. I am sooo happy we chose her. She made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable, like she wasn't even there. If you choose her, you will definitely not be disappointed,,,

Um, I think that is it. But if you want any more info on anyone, please feel free to let me know!
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: I'm Married! (& Vendor Reviews)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did forget one-the guy who married us...

Justin Robinson (on facebook-works for entercom): He is "The Reverend En Fuego" on the  BJ Shea Morning Experience on 99.9 the rock. He did awesome. He met us to talk about what we wanted in advance and responded very quickly to our suggestions. He had no problem switching stuff up when we thought our kids' rings weren't going to show up. He spoke clearly, loudly, and just plain did a great job. And my husband was really excited that the rev married us...
    Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats!  You look simply beautiful ... so happy for you!  Thanks for the reviews, too.  :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Glad your day went well!
    December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! and thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Happy for the two of you.
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  I'm glad you had such a fantastic day.  And thank you for your reviews!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards