Wedding Woes
Options

Oh San Diego...

I almost cried on the way to the airport because I didn't want to leave. I think I found my zen in So Cal.

We had a most excellent trip. We truly have awesome friends and they showed us a great time.

We went to La Jolla Shores Beach, the USS Midway (a decommissioned ship that's now a museum), a drive around Coronado, Torrey Pines state park, a coastal drive from Carlsbad down the coast, and out to dinner at an awesome steakhouse called "The Butcher Shop". DH and M (our friend) took the boys to MCRD (where they both went through boot camp for the Marines).

We did a lot of hanging out. Our friends have a pretty awesome home brew set up and they had a Summer Ale and a beer named after us on tap (which we tapped out... Smile) They have an awesome smoker set up and we smoked a pork shoulder on Sunday night.

We were going to go to the zoo Thursday night, but DefConn burned his hand by touching the lid to the grill (DH was in charge but distracted and he moves too fast sometimes!). Luckily, B (friend) received a lot of medical training in the Navy and has the biggest first aid kit ever. So she got him fixed right up. (But he did blister pretty bad and was so beyond tired that he was inconsolable. I think I was crying with him at one point. Sad )

Best.trip.ever.  For realz and I'm already looking forward to our next one.

Re: Oh San Diego...

• Options
    Every time I read "La Jolla" in my head it sounds like "La HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAA"
  • Options
  • Options
    Sounds like an awesome trip!  If I could afford it, I would move to San Diego tomorrow and live out the rest of my years there.  (I'd let DH come along too!)
  • Options
    I love San Diego, too.   I haven't been in 19 years, but I think about it all.the.time.   :::sigh:::
  • Options
    I hear it's beautiful. Glad you had fun. Sorry about DC.:(
  • Options

Glad you had a good time.  Bummer about Defconn's hand.

• Options
    His hand is much better. He finally cried himself to sleep (Sad) and passed out on DH. We snuck in some more salve while he was sleeping (ripped off any dressing we put on it). He woke up a little over an hour later and seemed to be OK. He didn't require any Advil beyond the initial dose. He favored his left hand (he burned his right) for the first 24 hours or so and then was just fine.
  • Options
    Can I be friends with your friends, too?  Please to be sending a letter of introduction for me. :)

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you had a great time!  Other than the burn it sounds just about perfect.
  • Options
    Um, Zsa, you know you've got peeps out here to visit.

And Conn, we will take you as a resident anytime you are ready. I'm pretty fond of this place myself. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards