Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Senses Poll

They say that your sense of smell is tied closest to memory.  Which of your senses reminds you of stuff?

(Disclaimer:  sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm just trying to post a random poll)

Re: Senses Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For me, music reminds me of everything... people, places, feelings, etc.  I can listen to a song and it brings me right back to a moment in time.

ETA (now that I know what ETA means):  As far as senses, this is obviously hearing/auditory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a hard one.  Taste sort of.  I can tell if my mom makes the mashed potatoes instead of my grandmother, and they try to trick me, but I always know.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sense of smell stinks (no pun intented). The other day at the clinic, the other nurse practitioner asked if I could smell the cig scent ozzing off a lady. I knew there was a wierd smell but somehow could not identify it. (the room is like 2 x 2 so I dont know how I couldnt smell it!)

So, i guess i dont identify smell to a memory because I cant smell! lol

Maybe the sense of taste bring back memories thought. And hearing of course!
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think music brings back memories the strongest then smell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Particular songs definitely have their memories. My favorite is when an old NSync or BSB song comes on the radio and it reminds me of middle school dances.

I have scent associations too. The first that comes to mind is whenever I smell animal/barnyard/hay it brings me back to my best friend in elementary school's house. She raised chickens and we would spend hours in their chicken coup playing with them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Defiantly music!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I have a really strong sense of smell, so I would say that is tied cloest to my memory.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Certain songs remind me of different memories. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say music and smell reminds me of stuff
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Songs definintely bring back tons of memories whether I want to remember or not.  BUT, I do know that when I smell certain scents, I go back to different times and remember different people.  Whenever I smell a pipe, I think of my grandfather.  Also, my dad works for the railroad and when he came home from work when I was little, he always smelled like old coffee, I know that sounds gross but it was not a bad smell.  It just smelled to me like my dad after a long hard day at work.  Whenever I let coffee sit in the pot all day without emptying it and have to dump it in the sink, I think of my dad without fail every time.  Also, my other grandfather smelled like something I can't even pinpoint.  It's a good smell though and I get a hint of it every now and then and go back to his house in my mind.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards