Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

Did you have a good weekend?

Ours was really good.  The kids were fantastic little travelers.  6 hrs each way and we only stopped for lunch.  I am sooooo glad we went.  SIL was so happy we were there she was choking back her tears.  Makes me want to kick her brother and dad's ass for not going.

Funny MIL moments:
- M2 was fussing.  Right about that time they were turning the sound system down for speeches.  MIL told them not to worry about M2, she'd be okay.  We all just looked at her like she was an idiot. 

- Dinner was short ribs, garlic chicken wings, and chicken pasta salad with cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes.  They had hot dogs, mac and cheese, and watermelon for the kids.  Guess what MIL ate?  She was even proud of it. 

Re: Morning

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ded at the penis.  I may have to get post-its so I can start doing this. 

Boo to the decline.  It's not personal, but it's hard not to think that way.  I'm still highly pissed BIL didn't go this weekend.  So what if the 13 yo was getting home from camp.  SIL was there.  Lame-O.

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heh.  The weekend was very fun.

I basically spent the whole of Friday afternoon re-assuring H that yes he will be fine, no I don't think he'll die.  And then he worried about the weather.  And all for nothing.

We spent the better part of Saturday at that race and it was so much fun.  I did get shocked though with 10,000 volts and let me tell you, not something I would like to do again.  I think I'll skip that one when we sign up for the next event.  Oh, and I had mud in places that I never wanted mud.  Yuck.

Sunday was recoup and shop a little.  Now I'm sick so I'm visiting the dr. this am.
  • Options
    thatgrrrrlthatgrrrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zzilla, I re-read your Penis text this morning when I needed a laugh. Thank you.

Friday-Saturday was awesome. We went to NJ to visit some friends that we haven't seen in a long time. Also a giant plus - they have central ac.

Yesterday we spent the day at a schmancy mall to get out of the heat. I got a cute dress for my cousin's kid's bat mitzvah that's at the end of Aug.

Only downside - even with the AC on in our bedroom I was too hot and haven't slept in DAYS. I'm wiped out. Hopefully today's break in the heat will be nice to me and let me sleep.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday night H had a BBQ at work that I wasn't up for going to. I finished the 6th Harry Potter and napped on the couch with Herbs until he got home. Saturday we slept in, made breakfast, and then drove up to the beach. It was colder than we would have liked and Herbs had to sniff EVERYTHING. We decided not to let her off-leash because there were horses around and we weren't sure how she'd deal. After about an hour there we drove to bff's for dinner. the guys grilled, and H filled bff's H in on our situation. BFF and I talked about everything but our situation. Yesterday I taught a class in the morning, then H and I went to lunch, played mini-golf, and went plant shopping. Then we came home and cooked dinner and rented Hall Pass (not that good) and watched House Hunters. All in all one of the more fun weekends we've had in awhile, despite everything else.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Wz - questions for you.   Did you see the guy that you called a penis?   If not, how did you know the car belonged to a man?
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wz, yeah. BFF is awesome. I wanted her to know, but I just can't talk about it without sobbing. Her H was diagnosed with MS about a year ago, so they know how it is to have your whole world turned upside down in an instant. He and H talked for a long time, which I think was probably good for both of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards