Wedding Woes

Re: Hilarious Commentary on Car Seats (baby related)

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was a child, my parents strapped me to the fender and I LIKED IT!

HEE!

I'm glad I work at home so no one could hear me hee-hawing like a crazy person.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Confession:  we watched my 6 year old nephew last weekend and his mom forgot to leave a booster seat for him.   We only went out once (to go to the pool) and it was just as far to go buy a booster as it was to drive to the pool, so we got permission from his mom and made a make-shift booster seat.   I had a plastic storage bin that I layered beach towels on top of, made sure he was stable and at the right height and then buckeled him in.   I was praying the whole way there and back that we wouldn't get in an accident or pulled over by police, because while I knew he wasn't going to get hurt, I still didn't want to get a ticket, you know.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was under 10 and my dad would let me ride in the back of his truck to the park down the road.  I don't think I will be judging you anytime soon, AF.
    imageimage
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh hell, at least you made a make-shift booster.  I don't think I'd even go that far. 

I'd just strap him in and drive carefully.
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never enjoyed anything on the internet so much. ANYTHING!

"It’s like looking under the couch of a heroin addict. "
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_hilarious-commentary-car-seats-baby-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:b1ea3e2e-0d6e-4a0a-a2a9-320bb9f2ea10Post:16ed1bbf-935b-45a9-abdc-aaf409cc2946">Re: Hilarious Commentary on Car Seats (baby related)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh hell, at least you made a make-shift booster.  I don't think I'd even go that far.  I'd just strap him in and drive carefully.
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

Well, that's what I was going to do, but his mom seemed worried (she's a worry-wort) and asked me to boost him up somehow.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dude, that is awesome.

And we have FOUR Britax marathon convertible seats. 2 kids, 2 cars. But hey, at least we aren't taking them in and out every damn day like some people I see at daycare.

I was just fantasizing the other day about the old-school car seats that just had the arm thing that swung down, like they have on roller coasters.

I mean, I guess I'm glad my kids won't break their necks or slam their heads into the bar thingie in an accident. But damn I hate fighting that 5-point harness every day with kids who won't cooperate.

This morning, Desmond basically straightened out and locked his whole body, so it was a straight line from the part where his legs rest right up to the head. SO easy to lock in the crotch strap. (no, not really.)

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DG, I have perfected the 5point strap-in tickle.  Sometimes, I have to get her to squirm so I can get her stubborn ass strapped in.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards