Wedding Woes
Options

weekend plans?

depending on how i'm feeling, I'm going to try and get a haircut tonight, and buy a Mothers' Day present for my mom. DH just started going to Kenpo again (a form of Karate - he's a black belt) and has a seminar to attend tonight. He hasn't trained for a few years, but he's trying to test for his second degree black belt before we move. 

We have realtors coming out to our house over the weekend to check it out and go over their marketing plan for our house. We need to interview realtors from two companies for the relocation program, and then choose one after they send their paperwork in to the relocation company. I've already spoken with one company - and requested the husband/wife team that represented us when we bought our house. We liked working with them, and they live in the same community as my ILs (like 2-3 miles from us) so they're very familiar with our area. I think they'll be happy with the improvements we made to the house and property in the last 2.5 years, and the wife said that the price range I was thinking seemed pretty reasonable to her. (If we can sell in that range, we'll stand to make a decent profit on the house + 2% bonus for selling the house on the market rather than taking the company buyout. )

Not much else planned for now. DH said he was going to take me out on Saturday night if I was up for it, and the Pens have 2 games.

Re: weekend plans?

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not much going on this weekend. I wanted to go hiking but FI doesn't want to and I don't want to go by myself. I may just go to the gym. It's not the same Cry
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully packing if this couple gets off their asses and makes an offer.

They are NOT going to make an offer on the other house and called our HOA to see if they bought the house would they be able to put up a fence. HOA was very helpful and they seemed happy with the answer.

They have until midnight to come to an agreement with us if they want the tax credit but hopefully they won't wait until then.

If none of that happens I suppose we will be doing stuff around the house and maybe going to ON for the 30% off. I need some maternity clothes.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're leaving for Disney right after work tonight. We're going with good friends of ours and their daughter, and then another couple we all know invited themselves along for the weekend.

I'm looking forward to being there for the little girl's first disney experience, but I could live without the other couple being there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm leaving work at 1230 to go pick up my luggage and DD.  Then we're on the road for 3-4 hours to the IL's.  I plan to go to bed hella early.  I'm exhausted and have had a bad week in the sleep dept.

Saturday, brunch at MIL's church.  Taking DD to the pool.  IDK what else.  Shopping?

Sunday, church with the ILs.  Lunch at the ILs.  Drive home.
    imageimage
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My weekend is so busy I actually took a vacation day today to prepare for it. 

Saturday:
    Just got an invite to attend a "polar bear plunge" in our neighbor's pool at 8:30 in the morning,  I haven't bought a summer suit yet, but we'll at least watch.

Same neighbor is having a Kentucky derby party tomorrow, complete with a hat contest.  Yes, I made a pimped out hat complete with feathers and a bird.  I will post pics later today or monday.  I am also making little fruit tarts as a dessert.

Sunday:
    Point-to-Point Steeplechase races.  This is where DH proposed and we go almost every year.  We are planning a big tailgate party this year, so I will be making macaroni salad, getting a sub tray, and coordinating what everyone else is bringing.  I also made a hat that matches my new purse for this event, just because. 
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight-We're watching our neighbor's son for a little bit and I need to get the house cleaned up.

Tomorrow-Shopping, more house stuff, and then A's surprise b-day party is @ 3.  My sister, nephew, BIL, my friend J, her DH and baby are all going to the party and I've invited them over to my house after the party for drinks and to hang out for a little bit.  I want to play with the baby!! :)

Sunday-IDK...We might go to my IL's or have them over.  I have to get my piles upon piles of laundry done and go grocery shopping. So we'll see.

All I know is that I don't have to anywhere early enough to warrant setting my alarm clock and that is a WIN!
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting up at the ass-crack of dawn on Saturday to hopefully do a boot camp that has been postponed 3 weeks in a row.

Then, later in the morning, nephew's 1st birthday party.  Yay!

Nothing specific on Sunday, other than recovering from boot camp and unpacking more boxes.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Today is sleep, feed baby, maybe work on making my house presentable. DH is also going to go grocery shopping. Is it sad to be excited to eat a piece of fruit?

Tomorrow we are taking Mr Squeakers newborn photos. He's jaundice is much improved so that's good. Again, sleep when possible and care for baby.

Sunday, yeah...sleep, feed the baby, change diapers, whatever else. Maybe I'll see if DH wants to take a walk with the dogs and the baby. We could all do to get out of the house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonight go to a movie premier that H's friend was involved in.

Tomorrow go to the eye doc to see if the contacts he ordered me work. Hopefully the prescription won't have to be altered. Then it's off to NJ for FIL's birthday.

Sunday in NJ for FIL's birthday.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saturday-Run, errands, spend time with H and dogs

Sunday-Errands, nothing, cleaning, dinner.  PACKED.

BC, I would love to hike with you.  Around here hiking doesn't exist.  I love the outdoors.  ::sigh::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards