Wedding Woes
Options

Returning a dress--HELP!

Has anyone out there had any luck returning a dress at David's Bridal?  I  purchased my dress about a month and a half ago and may have jumped the gun.  I just found a dress that I originally had my eye on but am afraid to try it on if I can't return my other dress.  I haven't made any payments towards my dress from David's and it still has all of the tags, etc.  I'm not getting married until May.  Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Tara

Re: Returning a dress--HELP!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Call David's and see what the return policy is.  Did they let you take it home without paying for it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to work at David's Bridal--so are you doing the payment plan?  THey're no returns, but you can cancel payments on your dress.  You won't have to make all the payments if you tell them you want to cancel, but you can't get yoru down payment back since there's no returns.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually got their credit card.  I should have clarified...sorry.  I'm wondering if I can get store credit and put that towards my bridemaids dresses, accessories, etc??
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I exchanged a dress at david's for a different one. They let me do it because the dress I returned was not discontinued, and because the new one was more expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes managers let you exchange things, but they don't have to let you because it states on your receipt that there's not returns.  Most of the time, if the amanger is nice enough they'll let you.  Just make sure you call and ask ahead of time to make sure it's okay (ask for the manager).  I would recommend calling between 9-10am, because they open at 10 and once they'r eopen a lot of times the manager isn't available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards