Wedding Woes
Options

Bachmann's out, Perry's out.

Who's next? Santorum? Romney? Best if they just get out of the way now, I think. 

:D 

Re: Bachmann's out, Perry's out.

• Options
    Oh, I doubt Romney or Santorum will be out for a very very long time.
  • Options
    Oh, and where did you see that Perry is out?
  • Options
    Santorum and Romney were all but tied for first, and Ron Paul did suprisingly well.  Herman Cain didn't do so hot, though, and Gingrich only got about half the votes the front-runners did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Perry's tweeting that he's going on to SC.
  • Options
    Sanatorum needs to DIAF. Same with Romney. Those two can go make sanatorum together. Cain and Gingrich can start the Philandering Wanna-Be Presidents Club together. Paul shoulda won. Blech.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Yeah. As far as I've seen, Perry is still going.  Cain's campaign is already "suspended," so whatev. Glad Bachmann saw the light.

Still really surprised Santorum did so well. Isnt he pretty extreme?

• Options
    He's VERY extreme DG.  OR at least very conservative on all fronts.  He is definitely getting the ultra conservative/evangelical votes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bachmanns-out-perrys-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:bc0d06ab-bfd2-4f00-8167-82a3779da225Post:94ee5f07-2727-42b2-bdd1-50912944bcb4">Re: Bachmann's out, Perry's out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's VERY extreme DG.  OR at least very conservative on all fronts.  He is definitely getting the ultra conservative/evangelical votes.
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

The Duggars are endorsing him. 
  • Options
    I think Dan Savage did a damn fine job redefining Santorum because that's what I think of when I see the name w/o a lot of context.

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

OK. That's what I thought. I mean, I was pretty much being nice and trying to allow for the fact that I haven't been following this closely.

But for Dan Savage to single you out the way he did? I figured it had to be really extreme.

smh @ the duggars.

I am really really sad about the ultraconservatives gaining any traction in american politics. Economics is one thing. Religion is completely different.

• Options
    But don't you know that Christianity is synonymous with MORALS and ETHICS.  And of course, the CONSTITUTION!?

*tizzy*
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bachmanns-out-perrys-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:bc0d06ab-bfd2-4f00-8167-82a3779da225Post:05fedc9e-f56e-46c3-9610-80022ba202bf">Re: Bachmann's out, Perry's out.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am really really sad about the ultraconservatives gaining any traction in american politics. Economics is one thing.<strong> Religion is completely different.</strong>
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

The ultra-conservatives scare me.  I don't think the Republicans have a shot in hell if someone like Santorum ends up on the ballot.  People are more afraid of them then a shitty economy.

ETA: I'm not saying the condition of the economy falls on the president, but you KNOW that's going to be the focal point of this election.
  • Options
    Santorum is on board with out lawing birth control, so no wonder the Duggars love him.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/rick-santorum-birth-control-sodomy_n_1181291.html

Perry has yet to see the light, I am so glad Bachman is suspending, but by suspending, she can still spend her finds to endorse or not other candidates. I was so hopeful I wouldn't have to see her face leading up to our primaries.
  • Options
    I think we all know that MrsConn, but the repubs still bury their heads in religion to solve it all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards