est 7.17.10
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
Hunter Fillmore
October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress

Re: S/O your proposal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Watch my video and you will see I cried like a baby! Boo Hoo crying. haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No... I was really shocked so the reality and emotions didn't really kick in for a few hours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope. I'm apparently heartless. I was too shocked to cry... not until we got home and the reality set in... I just sat on the bed and looked at him and my ring and started smiling and crying:) He thought it was pretty funny.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was surprised I didn't cry, but I was shaking for a good 2 hours afterwards.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Nope,  I was in shock but I did not cry. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the shock canceled out any tears. I was still shaking for the next two days.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    I balled!! lol and I was shaking and everything... I was a mess!
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No tears.  I was shocked, but not so much that he proposed.  More that all of our families were there.

• Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it was the hardest I have ever cried. Literally sobbing with some giggling mixed in haha.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started to tear up and he said, "awe, don't cry" so I stopped. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_proposal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:059c975a-cad7-450d-84ff-7d3281e34740Post:85c70984-b88f-4e7a-95d9-4d27a8d23ad8">Re: S/O your proposal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it was the hardest I have ever cried. Literally sobbing with some giggling mixed in haha.
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I bawled and giggled for a good 10 minutes. Then I had to put my makeup back on for dinner....
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My video shows it all.
    I was a mess!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started squeaking.  And hyperventilating.  The crying didn't come until I saw how many people came to celebrate with us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    edited December 2011
    I wouldnt really say cry..maybe just a few tears. But I was surprised!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you read my proposal.. you would of seen I cried all afternoon/early evening. I had no tears left!!
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cry at everything so yes I did.
    haha
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't cry, but at the same time, I was the one proposing.....but I guess it does allow for me to cry....who knows.
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Poof--my FI cried.  Don't let him tell you any differently! hahaha
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  I actually knew it was coming and tried to delay it because it felt awkward due to other circumstances and I knew he was nervous and felt rushed.  I wish it had been a surprise, if so I maybe would have cried!  

I didn't answer the other poll because I was busy this morning.. but to clarify our proposal story goes something like this (bullet-pointed to make it quicker to understand):

- Surprise trip to Bermuda
    - Hotel sends up champagne & strawberries to the room w/ a "congrats"  ... he had NOT asked yet
    - Bus driver refused to take us to the beach at midnight due to recent "robberies" 
    - Ben insisted on going.   Bus driver insisted on WAITING for us.
    - Ben felt rushed due to the looming bus driver / robbery story.

Soooo romantic ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I did not cry. I was too shocked to cry I think :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kind of knew it was coming (not the particular date...but we had gone shopping for a ring almost a YEAR before!) so it was mainy a super-joyful feeling of "finally!"  I did not cry, but was beaming and so excited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in shock and shaking for about a minute, then I started crying (and shaking). I think I cried for the next 30 minutes while we called our parents and siblings. (We were on vacation.)
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I def cried because he suprised me (I thought for sure I'd get a feeling that he was going to ask the moment before he did it) but nope I was clueless and from jetlag I'm sure.

Then I really cried again when I called my mom and heard her voice crack when I told her the exciting news.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had an interesting reaction.  My mom had helped DH plan the proposal which this was the third time he had tried as I had messed up the plans.  So she decorated my apartment while we were out to dinner with confetti, which is how I knew it was her.  Two days later my mom and his parents were supposed to come over for dinner so I was trying to keep everything perfect.  After dinner, I had to go to wal-mart to pick things up for the dinner, and I lived on the fourth floor with no elevator, so I saw no point in stopping home before coming back out because it was a lot of stairs.  So I pushed it back an hour or so.
    When I got home saw the roses and the messed, I told him I was going to kill my mom.  I opened the card on the flowers which said "will you marry me" I turned around to him and he was down on one knee with the ring in his hand.  I said yes then called my mom and told her she had to come clean the mess up!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did cry!  Not all out bawling but there were tears. 

I didn't expect it at all, even after 6 years!!  It was my birthday and for the birthdays Christmases, New Years and all before I was waiting.  That year, I said F-it!!  I booked and paid for a hotel in Rehoboth myself so we could go to dinner at Dogfish Head Brewerey.  DH had been wanting to go there but was having ACL/meniscus surgery the following week.  I knew if we didn't go for my birthday, he'd have to wait another year.  So, I just did it, on my own and told him after the fact that we had a hotel for my birthday and I wanted to go there for dinner. 
    We went to Dogfish Head after a nice day at the beach.  Then, he took me to the ocean again to open my bday present.  I didn't know it was the ring b/c he put it in a big box and weighed it down with homebrewing books.  He's clever.  I was so happy that I finally let go of the expectation and that it finally happened. That's why I cried :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't - HE did!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards