Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Engineer/Practical Wedding Ideas

My fiance and I are both engineers (mechanical and chemical, respectively) are we're looking to some how incorpate this theme into the reception since its very much a part of who we are.  Any ideas?  We're looking for something practical/innovate to use as table numbers, place cards, favors, etc.

Re: Engineer/Practical Wedding Ideas

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_engineerpractical-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0686cf3c-ad29-49f0-a251-bd8b055d918ePost:64f7aace-0993-4066-b37c-e69413eee580">Engineer/Practical Wedding Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are both engineers (mechanical and chemical, respectively) are we're looking to some how incorpate this theme into the reception since its very much a part of who we are.  Any ideas?  We're looking for something practical/innovate to use as table numbers, place cards, favors, etc.
    Posted by emb5147[/QUOTE]

It might help to know specifically what you guys do?  What type of a program do you work on/ product you help build like airplanes, missiles, bridges, etc?
  • Options
    I don't have any specific ideas but my fiance is a mechanical engineer, too.  My florist had  some really cute engineering ideas for us  to personalize our coctktail hour and more.  Her husband is also a mechanical engineer so she has access to blueprints and things like that. She has so many creative ideas including the use of tinker toys!.  If you haven't chosen a florist yet, she's definitely worth meeting.. She loves this kind of theme and can definitely help you with ideas.  She's also really budget friendly. Check out her blog and website.  I don't think there are any engineering ideas on it, but you can see other ways that she has personalized weddings.  She's great!  www.whimsicalwelcomes.com Please tell her Martha sent you.
  • Options
    I don't have any ideas but I just wanted to say that my FI is a mechanical engineer too. I guess that's pretty common on this board, haha.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My fiance and I are both engineers too! Your theme sounds fun to plan! Our theme is different, but we did have our engagement pictures taken at a science museum!

You can use engineering paper/the look of engineering paper for save-the-dates/invites! I've seen some geeky cakes on offebeatbride.com. There was one with equations on it.

You can name your signature drinks, get cufflinks/ties. You can even design them on zazzle.com

If you're going "vintage" you can incoporate old engineering things in the centerpiece like slide rules, protractors, compass, abacuses, etc.

You can also make a fun guestbook to match your theme. 

Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mini T-Squares?  Blueprint tablecloths?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards