Wedding Woes
Options

stress relief?

So I'm getting married in about a month, and I am just beyond stressed I keep snapping at bridesmaids and my fiance. I feel bad is this normal to be so stressed, I ook a break from planning to help releive some stress made it worse, lol. Anyone suggestions please i need some stress relief :)

Re: stress relief?

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what specifically are you stressed about? i didn't stress over my wedding, so for me it wasn't normal.

get a massage, go out for lunch, get a mani/pedi, go shopping, bake something, take a martial arts class, etc. what do you normally do for stress relief? do that, and stop freaking out at people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I am more stressed something will be forgotten, so me halting the planning for a bit, even though its all done is making it worse.  like today for instance my gradparents told me they werent sure if they wanted to come, my bm told me she may not make it to rehersal dinner, or rehersal, my flower girl and ring bearer may not be in wedding due to family issues.
    Im thinking me and the FI need a night out no plans no phones no nothing just us to relaxing no wedding talk...
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_stress-relief?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c21a1d26-6e77-4d10-9f42-729b3f076c2bPost:47b8cf83-414b-4e41-917b-0f68e93c8f64">Re: stress relief?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I am more stressed something will be forgotten, so me halting the planning for a bit, even though its all done is making it worse.  like today for instance my gradparents told me they werent sure if they wanted to come (1), my bm told me she may not make it to rehersal dinner, or rehersal (2), my flower girl and ring bearer may not be in wedding due to family issues (3). Im thinking me and the FI need a night out no plans no phones no nothing just us to relaxing no wedding talk...(4)
    Posted by mehgan11[/QUOTE]

1) nothing to stress about - i'm assuming you would like them there, but if they don't make it, it's their loss. all of our grandparents are deceased, so we didn't even have the option
    2) not a big deal. one of our GM was late and missed the entire rehersal. he actually screwed up walking down the aisle the next day and we made fun of him for it for the rest of the day. it sucks if she can't make it, but seriously, most people can manage to walk down an aisle without issue. just stick her in the middle and she can follow someone who could make it.
    3) once again, sucks if they can't make it, but unless you paid for the outfits or something, you're not out anything if the kids can't be in the wedding. The only crucial people are the bride, groom, officiant, and witnesses - anyone else is just fluff. (yes, nice to have, will be missed, but not necessary.)
    4) i think that's a good idea. that's one reason neither of us was stressed about our wedding - we just kind-of went with the flow, and didn't let the wedding dictate our lives.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Sex. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards